Thankyou - and goodnight

Lol999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.17minutes.co.uk
Okay folks, it's been fun but now it's time to go. When I get PM messages like this:

"Okay, so who were the main protagonists having a handbag swinging session?"

On the face of it, I find that remark offensively sexist. What are you implying by it?

Thanks,
Helen

from Helen B giving me grief because I use the "h" word, and then a thread is locked because members are fooling around being ironic with each other, well that smacks a little of totalitarianism to me and puts me in mind of a nanny state. Thanks for the use of the forum, but the political correctness is getting a bit much for this old boy. Cast around the other photo forums and you'll find me if your'e bothered.

All the best, Lol

Well, it's always (almost) sad to loose a member. I don't know you that much, but maybe you can reconsider.

One PM, one post, one member can be ignored. Some egos are really booming, don't feed them any more.

About the closed thread. I understand why it was closed.... there was really no value being added, while the risk of further damage was increasing. No big deal on having a thread closed, happens everyday. There are other places to go ironic and fooling around with a lot of freedom in this forum.

A small comment from the mod who closed the forum like "Ok, this thread has run it's course and is prone to cause more trouble than solving it so it will be closed now" may have been more tactful than just closing it. But meh.

i dont get the handbag malarky

im from uk it dont offend me am i missing something

"Okay, so who were the main protagonists having a handbag swinging session?"

On the face of it, I find that remark offensively sexist. What are you implying by it?

Thanks,
Helen

I'm sorry, I don't want to get involved in another scrap but that's the funniest thing I've read in ages. I must be starting to snap because I'm pisssin myself laughing here at that nonsense. "Handbag swinging session" = "Sexually Offensive" ffs. Talk about losing the plot.
:biglaugh:

Well Lol999 if you feel you must go then you must go but know that you're leaving them on a good laugh!

Nice one.:thumbup:

well this forum is going from strength to strength

Talk about losing the plot indeed. This looks like a lot of fuss over nothing. I'm sorry to have upset Lol so much. He was kind enough to reply to my question, and explained that the handbags in question were those of soccer players, and that the reference was to an inconsequential tiff. Fair play. That's his opinion, and he is entitled to express it, just as I expect to be able to express mine without ridicule or personal attack.

Nossie wrote: ""Handbag swinging session" = "Sexually Offensive" ffs."

It probably isn't worth pointing out that 'offensively sexist' is not the same as 'sexually offensive', but I will do anyway.

Best wishes,
Helen

I've always been of the opinion that things said in PM should remain private.

Other than that, seems like a really weak reason to leave. must have amazingly thin skin. Something like that wouldn't bother me in the least. And most all other forums that I've been to in the last couple years have far more volatile members and trolls. Especially those members on other forums 5000 posts or more who think they are god or something. But here, everyone seems so nice, particularly the regular posting members with high counts.

I've always been of the opinion that things said in PM should remain private.

Other than that, seems like a really weak reason to leave. must have amazingly thin skin. Something like that wouldn't bother me in the least. And most all other forums that I've been to in the last couple years have far more volatile members and trolls. Especially those members on other forums 5000 posts or more who think they are god or something. But here, everyone seems so nice, particularly the regular posting members with high counts.

it's all an act, just keep looking over your back :twisted:

Silence, less-than-1k-poster!!!!!!!!!!! Were you granted permission to speak? And where are the gifts you are to bear when addressing us??

(Umm, ignore the lady behind the curtain :blushing: )

High posters have mad kung fu skills.. They must have strong fingers that can poke an eye out. I would watch your backs. BEWARE of the high posters.

Silence, less-than-1k-poster!!!!!!!!!!! Were you granted permission to speak?

(Umm, ignore the lady behind the curtain :bulsh: )

There Anty goes... !! She will bann me because of my less then PERFECT 1000. Once I get there may I have permission to speak?

Anty has mad kung fu finger poking skills.. Dont let the hole cutesy Penguin crap fool you. She is fierce and may take over the world.

By the way. Penguins are the other white meat. Yummo.. Comeon kids we are eating Penguin for dinner

By the way. Penguins are the other white meat. Yummo.. Comeon kids we are eating Penguin for dinner
faint2.gif

believe me, Penguin crap is anything but cute
Guano argue that point, LP? :greenpbl:

Most reactions

Back