That Dave Hill Look

AnotherNewGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Brutal honesty is appreciated. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that appreciates this look. Not sure how they would look printed.

752672393_wmThx-X3.jpg

752662231_bdDaP-X3.jpg

752658826_BFGkm-X3.jpg

752655658_iGvVJ-X3.jpg

Ive been seeing this technique before and I really like it how it look specialty on the 2 the bump up the eye color of the child

Ive been seeing this technique before and I really like it how it look specialty on the 2 the bump up the eye color of the child

Yea, the eyes were really the only thing I liked about 2. I like the technique on some photos I have seen as well. The lucisart program does a good job as well. I just don't have the coin to spend on a niche that might not sell.

honestly it looks like dirty faces and hands. To be frank

I wouldn't say this if you hadn't asked for brutal honesty. In fact, I'll begin with a compliment, as I do like what your attempting to do. However, I was surprised to see these were taken with a D300. The amount of noise is alarming -- I thought you were using a camera with a tiny sensor until I saw the D300 in your signature and was going to recommend you invest in an entry level DSLR.

I'm assuming that your post processing is giving the impression that these were shot with a point-and-shoot. Or, possibly they were way underexposed and you lightened them?

I hope this is helpful.

The extra sharpening added quite a bit of noise.

Does nothing for me.

Looks like a defective camera captured them. As stated before, the noise kills them.

IMO, #1 looks the best because it's closest to being somewhat realistic.

The images are rather large to be posting them on a forum - as a general rule, try to size them at no more than 800px on the longest side. The forum software does shrink them down somewhat, but it still has to wait until the full size image has downloaded before it does that. A smaller image would download faster for everyone.

HDR and or excessive tonal contrast is not my favorite on peoples faces.
It has it's place when used conservatively, try backing off on the effect a lot.
I am sure some people like the effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back