That time of year...

I want a nice lady... a bundle of cash... a flat... and a car.... and if santa dont deliver im gonna rip all his elfs heads off...... baahhh humbug.

...or i'll just ask for a few filters :mrgreen:

I don't see why that "nice lady"-thing should not come about any time soon!?!? If I were 20 years younger .....................................

Maybe if Santa brings a soft and pink filter and you would look at me through that one :sexywink:

:biggrin:

(Sorry. Just being silly - that's all because of the sofas in February... )

I think she's trying to tell you something Arch.

What makes you think so!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :badangel:

craig said:
Strange that the success of Christmas is measured in dollars spent by consumers. Tell us your reasons for getting an 8 gig card. I know I would never use one. Personally I shoot 2 gigs and if need be switch cards. I am leary of having that much info in one place. What if it breaks?

Bace: Keep in mind that eating right and exercise will get you the body you want; not ebay.

I really think it's going too far to say that the people in this thread are measuring the success of Christmas by the amount of money they've spent, or had spent on them.

Personally, my reply was plane tickets, because a plane ticket will allow me to spend time with my dearest friends.

Sure, I definitely think there are shallow people out there that would think Christmas is ruined if they don't get what they want or something...but I certainly don't think any of those people are in this thread.

That said, I really enjoy giving gifts....I love the process of putting a lot of thought into something, and coming up with a gift that you know the other person will absolutely love.

...and THAT said...I can't wait til January 4th.

lostprophet said:
I will ask for nothing.
What, if anything, I am given I will happily receive
I think that's lovely. :)

I'm not allowed to ask for anything at my house....seriously, my hubby is weird like that. I always have lots of fun stuff on tap: photography supplies, darkroom supplies, fat candles, music, kitchenware....he just doesn't want to hear it, somehow. And I always have the nicest Christmases because I am clueless what surprises he has up his sleeve. :lovey: So anything I get always feels special.

But if anyone SHOULD ask....like Santa....I would tell him a Tachihara 4x5 would be ever so nice to find under my tree. :mrgreen: With film of course.

I asked for a lap top from my fiance because my comp cant hold my photos anymore. See that I get a DSLR and then need a new comp to support it. lol

I'm actually in distress... my wife bought me something, on sale, employee discount, etc. a month or so ago. Friday, I got my wisdom teeth removed, thereby eliminating all of our savings and discrestionary income for the month.

I like giving my wife presents, and now I don't know what I'm going to do for christmas. Bah. Stupid teeth.

mis padres are getting me a 1gb USB FlashDrive.

I really need one. :)

(we already ordered it... it's kind of an early present thing... lol)

oh, and I need some ideas on a reading lamp for my mom... It needs to be self supporting. (like it sits on the ground next to the couch)

Any good one's out there that y'all know of?

Ripnowell45 said:
I asked for a lap top from my fiance because my comp cant hold my photos anymore. See that I get a DSLR and then need a new comp to support it. lol

Why don't you just get an external Hard Drive?

bace said:
The worst part is due to limited interatction with you people, I can't tell if you're playing along, or you didn't actually see what I added on the bottom of that post.

...hohum

Saw what you added at the bottom. I could not resist giving you a hard time. Plus ebay stands for everything I hate so there is that.

core_17. I do not think I mentioned people on this thread. I find it strange that we hear of Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) numbers and the internet Black Friday. We hear of sales throughout the whole season. Only people who care about said numbers are Wallmart and the like. At what point did the birth of Christ become related to over extending our credit cards. Let alone putting up with nightmarish crowds and tense people. Ironically we could hurt Wallmart etc by not shopping because they make nearly 70% of their profit during the holiday season. And Yeah. My fam is right up there with you. We save all year to pay outlandish prices and put up with stressed travelers just to be with each other. We do not exchange gifts. We just hang out with pretty lights and good food and libations.

LittleMan said:
oh, and I need some ideas on a reading lamp for my mom... It needs to be self supporting. (like it sits on the ground next to the couch)

Think Ikea. They have everything :)

Gifts? What? My goodness I havne't even had time to think about gifts. Maybe a car? Err.. too large. I know, how about getting the Christmas tree up before December 26 ;)

craig said:
I find it strange that we hear of Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) numbers and the internet Black Friday. We hear of sales throughout the whole season. Only people who care about said numbers are Wallmart and the like.

Actually, most anyone who works in a retail environment (I'm sure I'm not the only one here) cares, because this is, traditionally, the first day many companies start making profit for the year. That's where my rent, health insurance, and camera money all come from.

Not that I disagree that the crass consumerism of the season makes me sad, but on the other hand, it does put the food on my table.

Archangel said:
I want a nice lady... a bundle of cash... a flat... and a car.... and if santa dont deliver im gonna rip all his elfs heads off...... baahhh humbug.

...or i'll just ask for a few filters :mrgreen:

That was kinda hot!;)

...the filters I mean....!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back