That's a gang sign? Really?

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen shoes on lines since I was a kid, but I've recently been told that it is a form of territory marking by gangs in the cities.. I guess we've been marked:

08_14_2008_0532.jpg

generally its where drugs are sold/other illegal activities

two shoes on a line mean a turf war

o so I have to take a picture of about 20 pairs on a line near where I live lol

Silly me.. I thought it was as innocent as throwing your cap in the air as a HS graduate...

Any thoughts on the composition?..

I'm getting some weird exif data from that picture.

It looks overexposed. There is a lot of noise or something strange going on in the background. The image seems really soft. The diagonals add some visual dynamics but that reddish/orange/brown part of the wall is kinda distracting. If you could have isolated the hanging shoes in front of only the reddish/orange/brown part of the wall I think it might have worked better.

I've seen shoes on lines since I was a kid, but I've recently been told that it is a form of territory marking by gangs in the cities.. I guess we've been marked:

08_14_2008_0532.jpg
It just looks really compressed to me.

It just looks really compressed to me.

I do shoot in JPEG medium because I don't plan on PPing my shots.. Maybe the JPEG compression is what you're picking up on..

Man there really is no reason to shoot JPEG medium, unless you have like a 512MB memory card.

Man there really is no reason to shoot JPEG medium, unless you have like a 512MB memory card.

How about this reason-not wanting two of every shot I take-the RAW to play with and the JPEG, which I can upload.. RAW is ridiculous, as nothing recognizes it... Whenever I've shot RAW, I've had to import them, manipulate them then export them as JPEG... They are more than 5 meg as a RAW file, but less than 500k as a JPEG.. If I was paid for my work, scared of lawsuits from weddimg couples, etc., maybe I'd want RAW negatives, but I really don't see a reason for it..

I've fought with this issue for months.. I'm trying to master taking shots with my camera right the first time, therefore not needing the RAW to manipulate and save as JPEG.. I just shoot JPEG and bypass the PP step..

I have 2 gig SD card.. 3.7 thousand pictures in JPEG.. 250 in RAW..... I'd rather shoot them right the first time than have them require PP.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back