That's It, I've fking had it

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Battou, May 10, 2009.

1. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    As soon as I can afford it I am buying Film processing equipment of my own, this is bull shit. Of four frames that are just screwed up from the processing lab two of them are completely unsalvagable to me, Oh I am pissed. I did not bother scanning one of the unsalvagable ones I have tried rerinsing but that only resulted in a marginally beter scan for the chemical streak, it did nothing for the others. Frames 10,11,12 and 13 from this roll of film are damn near toast, Frame 10 was salvagable and 11 is going to take some work but I think I can do it, but 12 and 13 are a total loss, Not that frame 12 is much to look at, frame 13 is far worse, I was so excited about this set, that pisses me off royaly :angry1:.

11 (Second scan)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seefutlung

Seefutlung TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Man ... that really sucks ... Sorry ..

Gary

Time to go digital ... joking

3. blash

blash TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Bring a loupe and a flashlight (diffused with a kleenex or something) with you next time you pick up the photos so you can yell at the clerk and demand a refund on the spot?

Otherwise... good luck with the home processing :)

4. Battou

Photos NOT OK to edit
  5. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good onya. I have not been able to justify a minimum-wage-Lindsay-Lohan-wannabe-'Photo'-'Technician' having anything to do with my work in over four years. Everytime I think of it I cringe at what might nave been had I lost my senses for even an instant and taken them in. My wife lost a roll the other week. I know we all make mistakes but I'm like you. That is one mistake I'll never make again. Also part f the reason I only shoot black and white. Cheaper to process and print.

6. coreduo

coreduo TPF Noob!

You can fix them in Photoshop CS2 or CS3. Buy a book on Restoration Techniques, etc. Even the blurrest picture can be fixed according to that book I had read.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  7. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, they really did a number on them, didn't they?! So sorry to hear/see it.

8. vicfefer

vicfefer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    So sorry to hear that. They look great otherwise.
    I decided to go digital through a similar experience. A friend asked me to do his wedding, which I was reluctant to do except as a backup photographer. Unfortunately, he didn't engage a "main" photographer, so I was it. I shot 4 rolls, and there were only 20 shots which were printable, but extremely grainy and low contrast. Imagine how that felt. I feel your pain.

9. Battou

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, these weren't the minimum-wage-Lindsay-Lohan-wannabe-'Photo'-'Technician' handeling them, these where from the minimum-wage-Fuji USA 'Photo'-'Technician'. I literally can't leave them in the hands of the local techs, the friggen machine never works so it's always send out.

Yer new here aintchya,

Yeah.

I had a similar wedding experience with digital actually, Minus the grain of course.

10. Battou

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, there are three things here.

One I do have some dark room experience, but it ain't a lot, only bout a hundred rolls or so. Two, My mistakes are my mistakes and I have only my self to blame and it will not have taken ten days to find out the mistake was made. Like I said earlier "no more ignorance other than my own." Third, I actually was prepairing for that to be completely honest with you. I expect I'll make some mistakes, the difference is I actually care about the film I am processing, I'll notice them and learn from them as opposed to shuving it in an envelope and shipping it.

11. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's hard to find a good darkroom. Photocontinental here does a wonderful job normally but someone I knew dropped in 5 large format velvia frames and they fouled up 4 of them. All they did was refund the cost of the velvia film. Good labs are hard to find these days.

12. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

Ever since I had Kodak ruin some vacation panoramic slides I have not had a single roll of film processed by anyone else. I clearly marked on the envelope that the slides were 24x52 frames and to not cut the negative automatically. I even agreed to pay extra for the extra handling. And of course they all came back cut based on the normal 24x36 frame strips. Apparently the special handling charge is just for them to make extra money and not actually do anything. They didn't even offer a film cost refund. Just said no charge for the service.

I do my own with a Jobo processor. But as long as you have a controlled water bath, you can easilly do E-6 without a processor. And of course black and white as well. And with scanning you can do prints from your e-6 slides or color negatives so you don't have to do all that color print processing. Can litterally do color without a dark room!