That's my boy!

mom2eight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
nolan.jpg

Played around taking more portraits of the kids today.

Thanks Javier,

I enjoyed looking at your street photography. I'm gonna try it one day it looks like a lot of fun.

are you looking for cc on this one too?

ok, great...=) He also looks a bit orange to me and I was wondering why you used your flash?

I really like how the sun outlines the hat in this shot. Looking at the EXIF data, your shutter speed seems to be pretty slow, 1/50 sec, which is difficult to use unless you have a tripod and a perfectly still subject. This is probably why your son's face is slightly blurred in this photo. Try increasing the shutter speed to at least 1/160 sec or so, and increasing the ISO to perhaps 400 and see how that looks.

your shutter speed seems to be pretty slow

not really, since she also used her flash....not that I am advocating using the on board flash or anything...just that you can get away with a slow shutter speed. I agree that she should raise the ISO, but should turn off the flash.

Well my son is also hispanic and that is his skin color. It doesn't look orange to me and if it does well then I guess he's orange.lol I used the flash because it was dusk and getting dark outside. I don't like turning up the ISO to much because of noise, but maybe in this case it would be ok.
Maybe you can help me with exposure because I am still having a hard time. Ok so it was getting dark but still light out. I looked through my view finder and set the dials until the line was at zero. I was trying to use my light meter. That is how I set up the shot. That is why I went so low with my shutter speed. My lense only drops down to a f3.5 so with that being said do you think I still should'nt have used my flash? Why are you against using flash? Doesn't it provide fill light?

I really like how the sun outlines the hat in this shot. Looking at the EXIF data, your shutter speed seems to be pretty slow, 1/50 sec, which is difficult to use unless you have a tripod and a perfectly still subject. This is probably why your son's face is slightly blurred in this photo. Try increasing the shutter speed to at least 1/160 sec or so, and increasing the ISO to perhaps 400 and see how that looks.

Thanks this really helps. :)

you should NEVER use your onboard flash. JMO

Why? Do you mean just on board or is my speed light out too?

oh...and you can EASILY get away with ISO 400 on a 30D without getting a lot of noise. Plus...you can try using noiseware or something to reduce it...which is way better than the pinlight catchlights from the flash.

I'm also guessing that you didn't sharpen for the web, which is why he looks a little soft?

the speedlight is fine if you have a diffuser or bounce or use OCF. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back