The 500 Project.

The purpose is to shoot things that you wouldn't normally shoot with a 500mm i.e.. studio work, street photography, portraits etc.
I'm trying to shoot things and NOT have it look like a 500mm lens was used i.e. limit the look of the compression by shooting on the flattest plane that I can and from slightly longer distances than what you would shoot with another lens.[/QU
The purpose is to shoot things that you wouldn't normally shoot with a 500mm i.e.. studio work, street photography, portraits etc.
I'm trying to shoot things and NOT have it look like a 500mm lens was used i.e. limit the look of the compression by shooting on the flattest plane that I can and from slightly longer distances than what you would shoot with another lens.
Ok, I see. That makes sense. I misunderstood what you were going for. And in that case, I reiterate that you nailed it! Without being told otherwise, I would have guessed it was shot with any number of standard studio focal lengths.

Yes I went with the portrait version.
I'm imagining this project is going to be a year or five before it's complete.

Thank you.

I just feel that this one screams longer focal length. Not sure if I can do much to minimize that feel, still have a sunset or two in my future to figure it out though. lol

Thank you.

I just feel that this one screams longer focal length. Not sure if I can do much to minimize that feel, still have a sunset or two in my future to figure it out though. lol

The sun actually being in the frame gives it away. If you could catch those gorgeous sunset colors in the clouds with the sun just out of the image it would be much sneakier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back