The 60's were you there

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
image.jpg
And do you still remember

Those were the days my friend, thought they would never end.

image.jpg

Just missed them :( I remember thinking as a little girl that all the cool people were born in the 60s and that meant I would never be cool because I was born a year and three months too late. At first I thought it was unfair, but then I accepted it. So you see, I've always known that I'm uncool :D

Remember them well. Still listen to some of the music. Fond memories indeed. :)

The age of Aquarius.
On January 1, 1960 I was 8 years old.
On my b'day in September of 1970 I was 19 years old.

A lot of stuff changed in the world in between.

a little over 30 years too late but I've got lens, records, parents filled with memories, and a report showing my test score on a history test covering that period.

Nah! I was just a tadpole swimming in endless circles until I was unleashed in 1963. I was a little late to the party but then I made up for in the late 70s. Driving around in my first car,a 1970 chevy chevelle blasting rock from the 60s and 70s with the bong center console and a car full of smoke and the Keg of beer in the trunk of the car. Whoa those where great times,I would do it all over again and again. I think I lost a good majority of my hearing from all the music blasting from the car radio not to mention all the rock concerts and I been to a lot of concerts.

Last edited:
I was there-ish. I hadn't even made it through my first decade by the time the 60s ended though.
But, of my four siblings, the two oldest boys are 9 and 10 years older than I am, so they were teenagers/draft-age young men during that time. Consequently, I tend to identify far more with the music and culture of the 60s (except for the sex and drugs part...okay, so just the rock 'n' roll maybe... :lol: ) than with the culture of my teenage generation in the 70s.

Well, my parents say that all they remember from the 60's is me watching cartoons.

Ah the days. Street camping in you home made camper. Being on the road.
Campfires, night skies, the smell of good earth. Coffee brewing, no filter, just the pot over the fire, grounds and water. The bonding, the laughter.
Last but not least, the good herb. For medicinal, wink. Ed

Most reactions

Back