The Absolute Dumbest Thing Youve ever Done...

voodoocat said:
Speaking of darwin awards... I could have almost won one.

I have always been very... umm.. curious... Always trying to figure out how things work and that sort of stuff. One evening when I was 8, I was playing around in my room. I had an AC adapter (the kind with the male plug) and I had a 3 ring binder. I thought I could harness the power of the adapter into the binder. So I plugged it in, touched it to the metal part and [insert sound effect of something powering down] I killed the power to half of our house. good times.. good times...

Sounds familiar, only I was much older. I was in my first house, trying to hook up the clothes dryer. Well they don't come with the plug already attached, so I had the 220v plug and was hooking it up. I don't know what the hell possessed me to plug it into the wall before attaching it to the dryer, but the contacts accidently touched, and WHAM, I got a wallop of 220 up the arm. hehe Dumbass me.

oriecat said:
What exactly was this high powered binder supposed to do?

Edit - I've never done anything stupid. 8) I'm perfect.

*snort*
I'm not sure.. I was 8 :p I think I wanted to harness the power so I could use it for something else.

voodoocat said:
oriecat said:
What exactly was this high powered binder supposed to do?

Edit - I've never done anything stupid. 8) I'm perfect.

*snort*
I'm not sure.. I was 8 :p I think I wanted to harness the power so I could use it for something else.

Maybe you were going to keep the power IN the binder for something else. :?: Kids do the funniest things. :D

vonnagy said:
lol, miti-might,
Thats amazing you are still with us! you are the king! :king: :salute:

Thanks, von...

:::takes a bow:::

MDowdey said:
why am i all the sudden everybodies *****?

dammit.

md

We picks cuz' we likes. From the looks of things, you're pretty much everybody's favorite person around here!

I still think Manda will wake up one day and say, "Matt ... you know, I should just jump on a plane and head over to S.C."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back