The Acid Test: First 'serious' roll of 120 through the ol' Kodak 3A Camera.

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so my 122-to-120 conversion of my ol' Kodak 3A Folding Pocket Camera is complete. Last thing to do was to verify the focus scale next to the rail was accurate. It was WAY off. So I corrected it by putting some wax paper in the film gate and opening the shutter to focus on a subject exactly 25' away, with the camera's focus scale set to 25'.

After I got that done, the sun broke out and it was a perfect day to go try it out. Just hung the film up to dry.

First%20True%20Roll.jpg

Framing is off, but that can be corrected. Once I figure out how many turns of the advance knob per frame, I should be able to squeeze 9 frames of 6x7 out of a roll of 120. Now to let it dry and check for focus & sharpness.

Looks like some clean shots. Congrats on rebuilding an old classic to use today's film.......very cool!

Cool project. Looks like you had fun.

Very cool. I like 'Steel', even liked that (it caught my eye) on the strip of negatives. I like the first one too, you got some great shots, old cameras are wonderful! thanks for showing these.

This roll looks great. Nice shots, really like "Steel". Good work on the focus adjustment.

Nicely done! What a fun project that must have been, and now you have this lovely working camera! "Steel" is terrific, no matter how it was captured - great composition.

Most reactions

Back