The ACTUAL new and improved TEXAS "When do we meet?" thread!

When and Where!

• Total voters
clarinetJWD said:
Well, you guys know me...archetecture. But I could happily shoot anything, really.
Austin would be a really awesome place to shoot archetecture... and seeing as I've never really shot any that would be alright with me. :thumbup:

thebeginning said:
great!

hey robert, do you want ask on the other tpf for some suggestions? I can if you'd like.

What would you guys like to shoot? There's alot of ops in Austin, so we could do anything. outdoor stuff, indoor, nature, architecture, candids, whatever.

I'll post up over there and see what happens.

LittleMan said:
Austin would be a really awesome place to shoot archetecture... and seeing as I've never really shot any that would be alright with me. :thumbup:

Yeah, but what about architecture?:mrgreen:

http://www.austinghosttours.com/ghosts-of-austin-tour.html

This was suggested, apparently people have had some good luck with photo ops on this tour. They said to buy tickets early as it fills up since it's limited to 30 people.

http://www.hauntedtexas.com/option,com_tours/Itemid,77/?click=4

Might be a good way to end our evening.

Also, here is a list of photo ops they put together for another event, some are seasonal and what not, but it's a place to start.

Ghost Tour
Vanishing Texas River Cruise (yes outside of Austin but we can do the Eagle Cruise or Wine tour)
360 Bridge
Mount Bonnell Park - over looks Austin/downtown
Bats on Congress ave at dusk
Duck adventures
Oasis, Carlos n Charlies for sunset shots off of Lake Travis
The Drag aka Guadalupe St (good location for just about any type of city life)
Texas Tower (good panorama op)
Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum (depending on when it's done there may just be an event going on)
Texas State Capital
The Driskoll
Govenor's Mansion
Jo's
Warehouse District
Horse Drawn Carridge ride around Austin
Zilker Park
Hill Country Flyer - Train ride that goes from Cedar Park to Burnet and back.
The Treaty Oak
Capital Cruises on the Lake
South Congress (first thursdays)
Fireworks on Friday night @ Dell Diamond (Baseball season)
Car shows/gatherings

lots of good suggestions!

why not try a little bit of everything? If we're going to be driving all the way to Austin, we might as well do as much as possible :D

So, where/when are we going to meet?
It's only a few weeks away, someone should make suggestions.

Well, we should meet somewhere where there's plenty of parking, preferably free, and not too far from some good stuff. Robert?
As for time, when we met in DC, we met at about 2, and it didn't give us enough time. What do you say we meet around noon, get some lunch and go from there?

clarinetJWD said:
Well, we should meet somewhere where there's plenty of parking, preferably free, and not too far from some good stuff. Robert?
As for time, when we met in DC, we met at about 2, and it didn't give us enough time. What do you say we meet around noon, get some lunch and go from there?
That sounds pretty good. :thumbup:
Also, it would probably be good to meet in an easy area to find/get to.

yeah, the earlier we get started the better.

As for what we do, I thought it over and I dont think a tour would be a good use of our time. Just a thought. I'd probably count myself out of the ghost tour.

LittleMan said:
That sounds pretty good. :thumbup:
Also, it would probably be good to meet in an easy area to find/get to.

definitely :)

i've only been to austin once or twice and it was a while ago, so i dont remember much. I might be able to get an idea of where we could meet if I searched around though. Any suggestions from those of you that have been there recently?

Well, I've never been there, and I don't see myself getting there before noon because it's kind of far away... So, I'm no help here :D

Most reactions

Back