The age of the train

I personally enjoy the original. It gives a lot to look at which is not a bad thing in this photo. The black and white conversion is great, the tones and grain really add to the feeling of the photo. The steam really makes the photo! The only thing I can point out that you might want to fix is doing a little more burning around the front right side of the train/tracks where there is a little white line around the front side of the train and the tracks are not dark there like the rest of the photo.

Print it...it is done.

I would honestly like to see more of your work than to change that one :D It is great as it.

We can all afford to learn to stop over critisizing our work.

That being said.... back to my pics... and I don't have my camera with me... :D

terrific shot, mark's second crop is nice too, but i think the original speaks a little more to the excitement of the departure and anticipated journey... :thumbup:

Thanks Hert for moving this, I'm as new to forums as I am to photography :confused: but promise to make more an effort to read posting rules before posting in future :oops:
Thanks everyone else for your thoughts and comments, much appreciated....
Kevin D Burns said:
and please no offence to any one.
I'm sure no one sees it like that, if it were not for people like Mark taking the time...i'd still be wondering what the rule of thirds was all about.
RoRoCo said:
We can all afford to learn to stop over critisizing our work.
I think it is more a confidence thing with me, mixing it with all those who have been into photography for years against my one year with dslr and not really having a clue. I wish I got into this years ago, I really see everything much differently now....colours, light, shade, scenes....it's amazing and has really opened my eyes (no pun) the most enjoyable and rewarding hobby I have taken up and believe me i'v had a few!
Thanks again for the comments.
Ken.

Another awesome image Ken. Like the scene out of an old movie. Amazing man!!!

Most reactions

Back