the age old question....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Dew, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

since we're in our 30's .. the hubby and i always talk about how old we are and how our bodies dont react the same way like it used too. :lol:

last week, the hubby's neck was cramping for a few days from sleeping the wrong way, i did a photo shoot and my back went out for a couple of hours :lol:

so we got talking about our life span and how long we will live. my hubby said he's got about 30 more good yrs left in him (around 60) :lol: ... i argued and said, "no, u got about 45 yrs left in ya." :lol: .. i think im gonna kick at about 87 yrs old from ovarian cancer or something like that :?

so my question to you is, how old do u think ur gonna be when u "pass" and from what?

2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

23.5, Boredom and lonliness.

anyone else?

md

3. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

Oh God, Matthew!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed:

Its not something I ever really think about Dew. Even when Ive had death very close in my life, its still not something I think about for myself.

4. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

guess we're pretty morbid :roll:

statistically, married men live longer than single men ... and single women live longer than married women :shock: ... reason being .. the wives take care of their husbands and make sure they eat right and take care of themselves ... marriage causes more stress for a woman while taking care of the household making sure the family has everything they need

so my hubby is killing me :lmao:

5. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Just remember that you'll never get out of this world alive!
    But if you do want to live to a ripe old age pick your parents very carefully.

6. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'll probably live till' I'm about 80 and take after my Grandad and die of deafness. He got run over by a lorry .............he didn't hear it coming

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My family seems to be pretty long-lived, for whatever reason. I've always liked to be physically active, hiking, biking or whatever, so I stay slender and in pretty good shape. I don't smoke, and aside from the wine-slut part of me, I don't think I do anything particularly bad for my health. :D

I have no idea how long I'll go....if I don't get any unforeseen illness that would strike me down despite my best efforts, I can foresee going until at least my late 80's, possibly mid-90's like both grandmothers did. Neither of them smoked and they stayed physically active and involved in things.....I think mental health has a great deal to do with longevity.

8. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Oh s**t! Better make out my will!

9. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

last week, i could have had a pretty unforseen experience :shock:

we live on a hill .... i took the dog for a walk one early morning in a snow blizzard ... the pup likes to run and pull on the leash ... we were crossing the street and he ran pulling me along :lol: ... a car was coming over the hill and wouldnt have seen me till he was on top of me ... i slipped and almost fell on the ice in the middle of the street, but i broke the fall.

all i could think about for the rest of the day, if i had fallen, that car would have ran over me and my hubby would have been worried sick, wondering where i was :?

the car wouldnt have been able to stop coming down a hill on an icey road .... later that day, they closed the street off because cars couldnt stop at the sign ... they were rolling into the intersection :shock:

little freaky accidents like that concern me :no smile: ... "oh, how did she die?" ... "walking her dog." :LOL:

10. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :LOL:

11. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

to be perfectly honest, i never expected to live past 23 so... who knows. though i've still got a month and a half of 23 left to go. we'll see!

i figure i'll most likely die from some sort of cancer or something. sounds like my luck.

12. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

LOL Carli, ever the optimist! I am sure i will die when i get trapped in my car, and like Pizza the Hut (in the movie Spaceballs) i will eat myself to death!