The airport

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some of you might already "know" the place where I live from this_thread.
That thread might have lead you to think "My God, what IS there in Corinna's place?"
Well, little do you know.
My place has even got an AIRPORT! (OK, airFIELD would be the better expression, but that does not sound as grand, does it? :wink: )

Have a look:

157183760.jpg

157183762.jpg

157183761.jpg

157183759.jpg

What?
You are not impressed??? :scratch:

:lol:

Are you sure a plane is suppose to take off from there?!!
Looks like good terrain for a tractor :lol:
I like 3 best......but i'd maybe bump up the brightness a notch. :thumbup:

Somewhere deep down in my archives I even have "Lauenbrück Airport" pics WITH a plane or two ... and my sister once took a pic of a landing approach. Shall I go looking for those, maybe?

LaFoto said:
and my sister once took a pic of a landing approach. Shall I go looking for those, maybe?

yea if you can find em...... for sure...... would be interesting to see ;)

LaFoto said:
Somewhere deep down in my archives I even have "Lauenbrück Airport" pics WITH a plane or two ... and my sister once took a pic of a landing approach. Shall I go looking for those, maybe?

I like numbers 1 & 3 the most.

Planes you say? well get digging in the archive then oh great cheerful one :D

:lol: not sure if I’m more shocked by the size of your airport or that the Stop sign reads Stop :scratch:

From what my husband told me about this airport, it was quite an important and very busy one in WWII for the air protection of Hamburg in the northeast. Later, the airfield in Rotenburg got the long tarmac landing strip and therefore things shifted to there. Lauenbrück got forgotten and is only in private use these days.

But for those who should ever contemplate coming to see me by private plane or helicopter, just know that you CAN land here, less than a mile from my home!

ICAO CodeEDHU
Name LAUENBRÜCK
Land Deutschland
Bundesland Niedersachsen
EDHU.gif

Kategorie Sonderlandeplatz / Special Airfield
Betreiber / Operator Aero-Club Lauenbrück e.V.
Adresse Am Walde 11
ZIP / City D-27389 Lauenbrück
Internet Nein
Lage / Location 0.8 NM NW Lauenbrück
Nachtflug / NVFR Nein / No
LFZ / ACFT Bis / up to 2000 kg,
HEL 5700 kg
Helicopter Ja / Yes
Motorsegler / GLDP Ja / Yes
Segelflugzeuge / GLD Ja / Yes
UL Ja / Yes
Summer PPR
Winter PPRO/TPPR
Luftaufsicht / OPS +49 (0)4267 / 1295PPR
+49 (0)177 / 2385628
AISAIS-Centre +49 (0)69 / 78072500
ACCEDDW +49 (0)421 / 553230APPEDDH
+49 (0)40 / 596564
METLBZ Nord, Hamburg 0900 1077221
Gafor 6

Info obtained from: http://www.airports.de/airport.php?ICAO=EDHU

So, get your planes or helicopters ready! :D

So? Are you already busy working out your flight plans??? ;) ;) ;)

If only you had mentioned it earlier Corinna - I just sold my lear jet last week and bought a yacht! Do you live near the coast?? ;)

Hmph :er:
That is too bad! :confused:
Miserable timing ... should have kept that Lear Jet for just a little while longer :(

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:​

My kind of airport. Give me a grass strip any day and a few vintage aircraft and I’m happy. You should try and get there on a weekend when the gliders are flying. That would be fun to watch. I’m sure you would be able to go for a ride cheap as well. It is a great way to fly.

Eric

There are no gliders. Unfortunately.
That was what my husband hoped for before we moved here.
He is a glider pilot.
He used to fly a lot before we moved.
Up here, he has not found himself a nice aeroclub anymore. He joined one, but the people there are not nice. Meanwhile his licence has all expired :(...

Most reactions

Back