The Austin I know..........

d_the_sandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was watching the Real World the other day, which this season as a lot of you might know, is set in Austin, Texas............which happens to be my city. If you've watched any episodes, all you see is flowers and beautiful sunsets..........it's disgusting, LOL.

So, I shot a set around my neighborhood and other areas of Austin (downtown and Eastside) that kinda give you an idea of what we really see.

Uptown Saturday Morning
Uptown.jpg

Walkin' the Line
sprayline.jpg

Smoke Spot
smokespot.jpg

Rosehill Projects
Rosehill.jpg

The Rail
RainRail.jpg

Lifeless
Lifeless.jpg

Under the Bridge
Graftunnel.jpg

Congress Lane Market
FleaMarket.jpg

Behind the Boxing Gym
Dumpster.jpg

Debris
Debris.jpg

The Cheese Stands Alone
Cheesestandsalone.jpg

Audio slave
audio.jpg

Downtown Alley
Alley.jpg

Feedback appreciated.

These have a really good mood. I like the way you have shown the realness of any city not the pituresque parts. (Like I saw these guys going t the topilet on a wall as I was taking a shortcut through to another street and nasty as it sounds it would have made a great photo.) I think the fact that most pictures are picturesque :lol: that makes these types of pictures all the more interesting. And you have done these really well. You managed to find interesting subjects and varied them while keeping the same feel throughout the set. Good job :thumbup:

your shots really tell a story... love the black and white...and teh words on the trash are funny....some of these are really cool..love the railing...

and the tunnel....cool cool shots...

Great capture of reality. When I used to travel all the time, quite often people would tell me "oh you have to go here... and here... and here...." but I would rather go to the places that nobody knows about; to see life as it really is. Great captures.

Most reactions

Back