The Bad Boy On The Block,,,

jaharris1001

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
keep an eye on this guy,, he'll literally Rob you of your first born,, Robberfly,,

9_edited-1-4.jpg

creepy lookin little bugger...

nice shot man
welcome to the forum =P

Great macro!! What lens did you use? Was it on a tripod?
Thanks for looking Hobo,, this was shot with a Canon 40D and a Sigma 105mm Macro lens handheld :wink:

Wow. Very great capture. :)

Thanks EricBrian,,
someone had mentioned on another sight that they wanyed tighter and more vertical,, which do you prefer ? I tend to like the original backround bokeh, while I do like the tighter shot too,,

9_edited-2.jpg

I think I light the tighter shot.

Nice shot, man. Robberfly, known for "robbing" other flying insects (such as common flies and butterflies) out of the air. Then piercing their bodies with their mouth parts. Harmless to humans, except if aggrevated to an excessive point. Not like the Horsefly or Dobsonfly which bite when the opportunity arises. Horseflies evolve from a larva of a maggot, and the Dobsonfly evloves from the Hellgramite found in ponds and streams.

Nice capture of this mis-understood species.

Nice shot, man. Robberfly, known for "robbing" other flying insects (such as common flies and butterflies) out of the air. Then piercing their bodies with their mouth parts. Harmless to humans, except if aggrevated to an excessive point. Not like the Horsefly or Dobsonfly which bite when the opportunity arises. Horseflies evolve from a larva of a maggot, and the Dobsonfly evloves from the Hellgramite found in ponds and streams.

Nice capture of this mis-understood species.
Thanks bradster,, you are right on on your description there, a pretty fierce predator,, they protrude the victim then inject a tissue dissolving fluid then suck the juices out leaving nothing but an empty carcass,, pretty brutal !! :p

Very nice shot.. and yeas, that is one creepy looking thing :p
Thanks for looking shacow ;)

wow that's cool... what the heck is that?

I like the vertical shot a little better, both VERY neat though. I don't like bug pictures much, but this one is awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back