The Barn repost

cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let's try this again. Please judge on Composition and PS skills.
Cosmo

barnas.jpg

Original thread was fine. Dunno what the other fella was going on about. Might wanna delete one or the other.

Original thread was fine. Dunno what the other fella was going on about. Might wanna delete one or the other.

I'll try and delete one but if I can't figure it out, I might need some help...
Cosmo

I like it, I think some info on the barn would help. Is it yours?

I am at work on a 1920pc so to me the color looks great.

No. It's about ten miles away from me. I was tring to catch the uprooted trees with a stormy sky..
Cosmo

Well, in your first post (which I have just deleted) also I only got a red x, even this morning (middle of the night for anyone in the States), so I am glad you started a new thread. In this one I can see your picture all right. Only would I wish it were a little larger for some better viewing.

As to the composition of this photo, it is good. Appealing. If you already worked on it in PS, you might want to go back and quickly clone out those little twigs that come into the frame on the right ... they don't "say" anything but are a bit distracting.

The colour of the sky is ... well, like our sky has been for months now :)roll: ). Sigh.
But ok, that sky underlines why the image is a bit dark all over.
Does the atmosphere change RADICALLY if you make it just a tad lighter?

This is a nice rural scene.

Composition wise I think it works well, although personally I would crop the sky above the tallest tree - it doesn't add much to the shot.

I think that although the logs are pehaps a little "busy" they still work well, as they are in front of the barn they act as a "draw" to the eye towards the main subject

Very nice (crop the sky though )

simon

I didn't see the original, but this one is a winner!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back