b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

A couple of interior shots.
b9.jpg

b10.jpg

Unfortunately this bit of history is on it's way back to the land. The old barn will likely be gone in a couple of years.

I love old structures. although, they really stand out in black and white.. gives it more of a historic look IMO

When I went out to take a whole series on barns, sheds and stables, none of my photos ever came out as good as these :(. I wish I were as good a photographer as you are, Peter.
Your photos BREATHE the life of the barn!

LaFoto said:
When I went out to take a whole series on barns, sheds and stables, none of my photos ever came out as good as these :(. I wish I were as good a photographer as you are, Peter.
Your photos BREATHE the life of the barn!

Thanks for the compliment. These old structures are my favorite subjects. I have been trying to capture the feel of this old shed with attached chicken coop for a couple of years without success. One of the most difficult subjects to date, but I don't give up easily. I hope to get it right next week and post results here. Any ideas for this shoot ?
img018.jpg

Great shots! I find it hard to capture such things and lend them the dignity you have here.

Re: the shed- Maybe off a tall ladder to get away from the road?

photobug said:
Great shots! I find it hard to capture such things and lend them the dignity you have here.

Re: the shed- Maybe off a tall ladder to get away from the road?

It will be hard to shoot from above on this subject. That might make the difference. Thanks for the idea.

Most reactions

Back