The beast with six eyes...and only one open.

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
221006599-L.jpg

interesting title

very intresting but i didnt like the shadow on the window thats open

Pity about the shadow from the other building...
Did you only spot this one in passing and made the best of the only chance you would get to take this photo?
If so, then I must say "Well spotted and aptly named" :D
If there had been a possibility to wait for yet another position of the sun, I would have said "Why not wait for it?".

thanks for looking and commenting, all of you....do we not take a photograph because the conditions are not perfect, of course not. I sat down for a rest from my wanderings and saw this. Now if I had been there earlier in the day, the shadows of the awnings would have been diminished or non-existant and I think they contribute significantly to the image, agreed not the shadow on the wall. I ended up burning in the shadows to enhance the effect rather than diminish and I'm happy with the resulting compromise. The place I shot this is about 1 1/2 hrs away and I will probably go back and have a look at earlier in the day.....I wonder if that awning will still be up lol.

thanks for looking and commenting, all of you....do we not take a photograph because the conditions are not perfect, of course not. I sat down for a rest from my wanderings and saw this. Now if I had been there earlier in the day, the shadows of the awnings would have been diminished or non-existant and I think they contribute significantly to the image, agreed not the shadow on the wall. I ended up burning in the shadows to enhance the effect rather than diminish and I'm happy with the resulting compromise. The place I shot this is about 1 1/2 hrs away and I will probably go back and have a look at earlier in the day.....I wonder if that awning will still be up lol.

That would be cool if the one is still up. Its a very interesting shot for sure! I think I might like to see it without the shadow from the other building too though.

Amber

If you can't reshoot 20 mins. earlier/later, maybe fooling with cloning would get rid of the shadow. Nice even tone on the building. Cool shot either way.

i think i can fix the shadows in ps

I like it as it is, I dont think the shot is possible without the building shadow, a change in the time of day will remove the eyelashes.....and thats whole new photo...

midday could do it, lashes will be kinda face on tho.
some serious compositional micrometer measurements could be in order aswell, really difficult to do, by hand...

thanks abraxas glad you like it......D3sh1 I prefer to leave this one as it is, thanks anyway, the place is not that far away so I will go back for another go...joxby thanks a lot....you're right it is slightly off on complete symmetry, when I go back I'll try to correct that :).

Most reactions

Back