The Beautiful Rebecca

Beautiful!

Isn't that Thistle Hill? I got married there!

Yep, it's Thistle Hill. You can rent the whole place out to shoot for $150 for two hours which is a pretty killer deal, IMO.

Congratulations on you wedding. That place is awesome!

Thank you guys for the kind words. She chose to enlarge #5 which was my personal favorite too!

Hi A&A, Technicolor Dream World is one of the Boutwell Actions from the set I love so much. I don't use it very often, because it's pretty heavy duty, but it's a fun one to play with. It's a "people killer", so when you use it, you should use it as a layer mask. It's awesome on landscape shots though, which I was probably what it was designed for.
Hope that helps.

Yep, it's Thistle Hill. You can rent the whole place out to shoot for $150 for two hours which is a pretty killer deal, IMO.

Congratulations on you wedding. That place is awesome!

I didn't know that! We did my bridal elsewhere and then just had the wedding pictures there. That is good to know if I ever decide to do a wedding, but that won't be anytime soon, unless a friend convinces me. It seems stressful!

I didn't know that! We did my bridal elsewhere and then just had the wedding pictures there. That is good to know if I ever decide to do a wedding, but that won't be anytime soon, unless a friend convinces me. It seems stressful!

It's stressful at first, but after a while, it's just another job. Think of it this way....you get to do what you love (taking photographs) at a PARTY every weekend. Yay!

Yeah, check out Thistle Hill for portait shoots even. When you call, ask for Brian. He's really cool and helpful.

It looks like she'd been smiling for a while because her smile doesn't seem as natural anymore. Same with her hand in no. 3, imho. But i'm far from ever being able to shoot this beautifully, so I shouldn't nit pick about that. I do really like number 8. It puts her on a very humble, awarding, "i-am-the-bride-today!" pedestal.

It looks like she'd been smiling for a while because her smile doesn't seem as natural anymore. Same with her hand in no. 3, imho. But i'm far from ever being able to shoot this beautifully, so I shouldn't nit pick about that. I do really like number 8. It puts her on a very humble, awarding, "i-am-the-bride-today!" pedestal.

I totally agree about the smile.
She's a "Church of Christ" bride, and she's not used to wearing make up or being in the spotlight, so to speak. I tried to get her looser, but she's really really really shy and humble. I love her for that, but she was definately one of the harder brides due to her shy nature.

Thank you Pete. I'm stepping away from contemporary, and trying to emulate a more classic bridal. There is soooo much to learn!

Beutiful bride, nice series as always. #6 her arm looks a bit purple, less so in #5.

Stunning.

I have the same question as zendianah - can you give up your lighting secrets? In number 1 I see two specular spots in her eyes, and they seem very close together. It looks like a pair of (umbrellas? softboxes? diffusers?) up on stands a foot or two higher than the camera, on either side of you, close by.

And what I like best about these? The shadows. You've got spectcular light control and the shadows seem intentionally well though out and planned.

Again - these are just stunning.

Love them as well but 2 and 3 have the dress cut off at the bottom. Wish you had not done that but to the least excellant job.

Most reactions

Back