The best and worst day of the Summer...

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
The Best: It was finally my last day of work, and I was entering my 4 weeks of freedom before school.
I also got to drive a Jaguar XJ6 during lunch today, and that was fun ;)

The Worst: On the way home, I got my own car into an accident. I was fine going into the corner, but when I stepped on the pedal to accelerate out of the curve, my car shifted down into first, and the extra torque spun my wheels, kicking my back end out from under the car. The traction control didn't do anything, and I couldn't get it back under control. I ended up in a field on the other side of a barbed wire fence. Luckiny, there were no other cars, and I was completely unhurt. However, the police (who never go on that road) just happened to make their 3rd appearance on Madden Rd. in 5 years today... I got ticketed, and they filed an accident report, not to mention we have a $1000 deductible. :(

Joe... I have 2 months left of holidays.... till 3 October.... since... 19th May :D loong holidays... soI cannot tell you about the best and worst day yet :D

Oh man, Joe. Too bad to hear about your car accident. Such a nuisance - so many costs involved! I just know how you must feel. After 20 years of driving, I have had three accidents within 6 months last and this year. I always came out unhurt, too. But the hazzle and the costs and the shock...! I feel for you.
Did the camera stay safe???

mentos-That is a hugely long break! Mine is only from May 30th to Sept 2nd...

LaFoto-You'll be glad to hear: The camera is fine, I checked that first :lol: And the car drives perfectly, there was a bit of dirt in the brakes, but that's gone now... Just needs bodywork. :irked:

Joe,but this is this year only :( I finished high school, passed all the exams and start uni on October :D so that's why I have soooooo long holidays :D

Glad to hear that work is over Joe, but really sorry to hear about your car :( Glad that you and your camera are okay though ;) Maybe it's a sign that you're supposed to keep driving that Jag :lol:

Sorry to hear about your car, but I'm glad you (and the camera!) are okay!

Thanks for your support. It turns out we only have a $500 deductible, which I can afford (sort of), so now the only problem is getting it ready in time for school...
And Amanda, I think you're right :lmao:

hey, cars can be fixed or replaced, glad you(and the camera) are ok.

Most reactions

Back