The best photos you will never take.

jadin

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Website
jadinhanson.smugmug.com
Yes it's a harsh subject line, but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

http://www.spaceimaging.com/ - Some of the coolest satellite photos you will ever see. Here's a sample...

Sample 1: http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/top10_2003/Bourtange_3000.jpg

Sample 2: http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/top1001/bora_bora_10_25_01.jpg

And last but most definately not the least...
hand-baby.jpg

... there's so much I could say about this photo, but words don't begin to describe it. If anyone has any information about it, (i.e. who took it, where i can purchase a print etc), by all means let me know.

So what's your favorite photo you won't ever take?

I don't have time this morning to look at the links but the photo you posted is done by Anne Geddes.

I can't remember who's baby it was (I think it was premature but you can't just go to the hospital and ask to talk to the parent of the most premature baby) but I seem to remember that she advertised looking for the largest hands.

That is also one of my favorites by her. The others are very "cute".

I loathe most of anne geddes's stuff--all the babies in bee-suits and crap, but some of her stuff like this is just staggering in its intensity. She has a book out there now, I forget what it's called, but it's much more serious photos of mothers, babies, etc. It's gorgeous work.

That reminds me of my little sister. She was born 8 weeks early at 3 pounds 1 ounce.

Ya, she is now 12 years old and doing great. She is still very petite. I think she weights about 50 lbs but she is into gymnastics & cheer-leading so she is taking advantage of her small size.

When she was Born, she had to spend about a month in the neonatal ward, in one of those plastic incubators. Her blood platelet count was fairly low so she had to have a few transfusions but everything worked out fine.

Good dealie. I was so glad when Kelly passed that date when Molly could survive on her own in the NICU if need be. We're 7 weeks out now, so really in another month we'll be just about good to go.

7 Weeks till shark's world gets dumped on it's head! No more going out to take photos on a whim my friend, Now you'll have to apply in writing to the wife at least 3 weeks in advance :) Trust me "I" know :(

luckydog said:
7 Weeks till shark's world gets dumped on it's head! No more going out to take photos on a whim my friend, Now you'll have to apply in writing to the wife at least 3 weeks in advance :) Trust me "I" know :(

It is true but I would't trade t for the world. You won't either my friend.

steve817 said:
luckydog said:

It is true but I would't trade t for the world. You won't either my friend.

Logistically it becomes more difficult, but seeing the world through your children more than makes up for it taking 2 hours to get out the door for a 15 minute trip to the store :)

Most reactions

Back