The best polerizer

i hope I'm not repeating anything, I didnt read all those above posts...get a circular polarizer (i'm sure that was mentioned)...tiffen makes some good ones, but B+W and Hoya's super HMC filters are the top of the line.

bantor said:
one more questin in regards to polarizing filters.

What is the difference between coated and non-coated. Meaning, does it make that much difference, and is it really important?

Coating on any kind of filter is mostly to reduce glare and lens flare. It might also help provide a protective layer on the filter. Coating is a nice thing to have, and multi-coating even better, but neither are really important or necessary. Here's a thread over at photo.net that goes into more detail.

Your question was which polarizer is best,. I asusme you mean brand/manufacturer. Personally I think B+W are the best with Hoya in 2nd place to them for my use thogh I doubt you would notice a difference in your images from a Tiffen to a B+W. Hollywood uses Tiffen. If it's good engouh for them it must be good enough for us. I guess buy B+W to make myself feel good. I have a few Nikon filters as well when B+W were not in stock. I will tell you to stay away from Quantaray, I can honeslty say I CAN tell the difference on some of their filters. If I'm not mistaken Quantaray is Ritz Camera Brand.

Scott

Scott

good to know. I really want to buy a Hoya due to it being the cheapest and one of the most liked, but the camera store has been out of stock for like 2 weeks and for some reason they don't know when they are going to get more in, so i think i might go for tiffen.

Most reactions

Back