The Biauma B1

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thrift store finds seem to be getting harder to find, the supply of discarded film cameras twenty plus years into the Digital Revolution seems to have almost dried up. Never one to come home empty handed, found this marvel of photographic contraptiony a few weeks ago. Had a sticky eye that responded to the lighter fluid treatment, so with a short roll of FP4 processed at 80 out we went

IMGP0772es.jpg

....wondered if that world famous Optical Lens Company was under new management and had somehow improved on their design enough to warrant the "new", or saved some $ by not including the usual cheesy plastic strap on their latest opus.

IMGP0769es.jpg

I never have the nerve to test out the hot shoe on these plastic marvels. The strange numbers must be for show as nothing seems to happen when the ring is turned.

IMGP0775es.jpg

..looks familiar in here too except that usual rounded film plane is absent. Perhaps it does indeed have a New optical lens.

Bi1-004es.jpg

....well not really. OK, admit we're a bit too close to the tree but usually the focus drops off toward the edges.

Bi1-003es.jpg

...note to self, when feeling the urge to shoot some street, leave this plastic critter home.

Bi1-009es.jpg

...and for this one, bring at least a Brownie, any Brownie.

Bi1-010es.jpg

Wasted enough film, going home now.

Another Plastic Fantastic for the collection.

Nice find.

"NEW COLOR OPTICAL LENS" ........................LOL

Nice. At least it didn't require investment in an over-priced roll of gaffer's tape a la Holga. Friends greatly enjoy their "toy" cameras which, with a few hacks, can produce stunning images. Agree, though, that thrift store/yard sale stuff is thinning to the point of invisibility. Sometimes forget that my glory days of cheap eBay film gear plunder was early 2000s.

Last edited:
Nice. At least it didn't require investment in an over-priced roll of gaffer's tape a la Holga. Friends greatly enjoy their "toy" cameras which, with a few hacks, can produce stunning images. Agree, though, that thrift store/yard sale stuff is thinning to the point of invisibility. Sometimes forget that my glory days of cheap eBay film gear plunder was early 2000s.
Not all bad I guess. I have been thinning out the shelves of late to scrounge a few $ for film. Late 70's SLR's are going for almost embarrassing prices on FB buy and sell. Sold three of those easily for what I felt was fair. Next, I started a feeding frenzy by listing 10 point and shoots of no particular note - all but two were gone within hours.

Not all bad I guess. I have been thinning out the shelves of late to scrounge a few $ for film. Late 70's SLR's are going for almost embarrassing prices on FB buy and sell. Sold three of those easily for what I felt was fair. Next, I started a feeding frenzy by listing 10 point and shoots of no particular note - all but two were gone within hours.
Looking hard at liquidating shelves of near-mint 35mm gear I got cheap 12-15yrs ago. Recall fighting off a guy late 2023 in downtown Toronto who wanted my pretty black Nikon F Photomic Ftn--spooky!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back