The Big Brown Truck is here.....

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought for a minute I had been scammed on ebay when I opened the box and saw this:stun: Nothing but abunch of trash!!!
P5160001.jpg

Then upon further inspection I began to uncover some things
P5160002.jpg

P5160003.jpg

and finally the moment I have been waiting for, for the last week:drool:
P5160004.jpg

Now I only have to wait for the 70-200mm 2.8 L to arrive later this week and the package will be nearly complete.:boogie:

oooohhh.. so many nice things in a box :)

Yes it is certainly a box full of goodies.
Now if that dang battery will hurry up and charge:er:

Oh good you recieved that package. I was worried it was lost forever. you see they meant to send that to me. I'm sure you understand, just forward it to me and we won't tell anybody that UPS messed up..

Haha, you wish.

But notice he hasn't posted in 6 hours. The batteries have charged by now and he's been playing with his stuff ever since.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
I LOVE THIS NEW CAMERA

Sorry about that;) :D
I have a huge grin on my face that you couldnt slap off.The diff in focus speeds between this 30D and my old alpha are amazing.5fps is quite a biut faster also.
Cant even hear it focusing,the only way to tell if it is focusing is to just watch and dont blink or youll miss it.
Holy Crap this 30d KICKS ASS!!!!
Anyway I could go on and on all night about this thing.
I will post some pics tommorow after I get to go shoot it for awhile longer.

Awesome! congrats on your box of goodies. I just got my 30D 2 days ago and I felt the same way. Lets see some photos soon!

is the 30D a recent model or does anyone think they will update it to a 10 mp sensor?

is the 30D a recent model or does anyone think they will update it to a 10 mp sensor?

There is deff alot of talk about the 40D coming this fall but who knows.I dont think canon will sit back forever and let nikon have the only 10mp prosumer dslr.
I thought about that very same comment before making the switch to the 30D but figured if they come out with a 40D or whatever and I really want it I will just go get it and have the 30D for a backup.

So I'm glad to hear positive news form a new Canon user. not to be a brand name fanboy but it's nice to hear that it is better than an Alpha from a former owners mouth.
I know you'll love Canon gear and Canon glass.

anyway, the big yellow truck was here 2 days ago, but I was not around, .. so they took my parcel with them ...
... just batteries and CF cards though ;)

anyway, the big yellow truck was here 2 days ago, but I was not around, .. so they took my parcel with them ...
... just batteries and CF cards though ;)

Before I finished reading that I started to get thta disappointed feelling I have had before when I get home to find that sticker on the door.

Yeah I want a Mark lll ,and for what reason I am not real sure why, but man that is one bad ass rig

Yeah Noob I dont have a problem with the alpha and for an entry level camera I think it is nice,but they need to make some improvements if they are going to compete with these canon dslr's.I can tell a huge diff already.Pics that I struggled for with my alpha are so easy to captue now.
I am waiting for this weekend at the ballpark to put it through the paces.

I am also an Alpha user and here is what I have to say. I never thought I would care about noise but the alpha sucks with noise. I was looking at some samples from the 30D and when its at 1600 it looks like my 800 or less on my sony. I also think the build quality of the sony sucks because I have just sent it in because the shutter button sticks. Little things on the camera are just what are making me more and more dissapointed with it. I want to switch but who knows if the new sony bodies will be good and should i wait till the 40D comes out? should I save for a 5D? those are my thoughts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back