Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Serafin, Jan 8, 2007.
Holy crap that's a big mushroom....or a tiny watch.
Lepiota or Amanita. Nice one! Did it leave a powder on you when touched?
No powder on these mushrooms, for about a month in the summer I get some huge ones like this.
it didn't grow there since all the grass is cut.
so you put it there?
can you eat that?
nice photo aswell
Im pretty sure you cant eat those.
No I didnt put the mushroom there. After a good rain those mushrooms can popup overnight. If you look real close you can almost see the other mushroom back left side of the pic.
ah ok, then the grass was nt freshly cut!
i am sure you can eat it! but maybe only once
You took the words right out of my mouth. :greenpbl:
ooohhh baby, what sort of kinky game is that?
Depending on the variation of Lepiota, if that is what it really is, you CAN eat it. If its a variation of Aminita, you can eat it then die from liver/and or kidney failure 3 days later... The little scales you see on the cap are leftovers of the "universal veil", a membrane that covers the fruit until maturation from an "egg-like" sac.
Separate names with a comma.