The Blizzard

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Stupid blizzard. Driving ban in CT so I have been stuck at home for 24 hours. After I shoveled out I set up the backyard bird studio. Comments welcome..

Carolina Wren 1_27 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

2 poor birdie.. :( Maybe lucky to escape a Hawk or a Kitty?
Injured Sparrow 1_27 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Female Cardinal 1_27 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

The Blizzard of '15 begins... by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

The Blizzard of '15 begins... by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

6 So I use this cheap ol tripod for off camera flash sometimes.. Wouldn't it figure the cardinal decided to land on it...

Nice set Kris. The flash really makes these pop!

Nice Kris, but your stuff always is.

Love the wren, but I am a bit biased.

Wow! Fantastic images!

However............... Driving Ban?! WTH is that?! Never heard of such a thing! If there is a terrible epidemic of dysentery going around, would .gov issue a no-crapping ban?! LOL at such government intrusion into our lives!!

Nice set! The cardinal on the tripod is priceless. Where is your flash for these?

Lesson learned: When life hands you lemons, you don't make lemonade.
nope.gif

You make roast duck with a basil, olive oil and lemon glaze.
Thumbsup.gif

I love the detail you got. And the one cardinal seems to be saying, "OK, whose the wise-guy who hid my camera?!?!"

looks like a good day being stuck at home.

Beautiful shots, as always!

Wow! Fantastic images!

However............... Driving Ban?! WTH is that?! Never heard of such a thing! If there is a terrible epidemic of dysentery going around, would .gov issue a no-crapping ban?! LOL at such government intrusion into our lives!!

Getting two feet of snow off the roads is no small task, and having to do it with a bunch of cars on the roads is even harder. Those plows are massive and are moving huge amounts of snow. You don't want to get in the way of the plows or get buried in one of those snowbanks. Plus, if someone gets into an accident or if a fire breaks out, it can be very difficult for emergency vehicles to get to the scene even without trying to get around needless traffic.

In other news - these are some mighty fine bird shots!

Wow! Fantastic images!

Getting two feet of snow off the roads is no small task, and having to do it with a bunch of cars on the roads is even harder. Those plows are massive and are moving huge amounts of snow. You don't want to get in the way of the plows or get buried in one of those snowbanks. Plus, if someone gets into an accident or if a fire breaks out, it can be very difficult for emergency vehicles to get to the scene even without trying to get around needless traffic.

In other news - these are some mighty fine bird shots!
Yes, I'll drop it. We don't want to go there lol!

Thanks everyone! We were predicted to get 20-30" so everyone panicked... The state pretty much shut down. Can't really blame them for the driving ban, as limr said it is a pita for plow crews to deal with it..

Love the shots, especially the first! :smile:

Snow plows have a lot to deal with, especially those pesky news reporters :biglaugh:(see around the 40 second mark):

Most reactions

New Topics

Back