The Boulder Colorado wildfire-published by the AP

kkart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kkart.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those of you who have been watching the news, there is a massive wildfire burning above and behind Boulder, Colorado which is burning out of control. And on Monday night myself and one of my friends who is also a shooter decided to go shoot it, from a distance. I mostly used my Tamron 200-400mm lens on my Sony a550 for these shots, and the amount of detail I was able to capture was not only impressive but dang scary too, considering the circumstance surrounding it. I came out, processed a few shots, and threw them up on twitpic (a twitter photo service) and twitter. The next thing I know, everyone is re-tweeting one of my photographs and it goes viral on the internet. best of all, it gets in front of those who matter and I am getting emails from places like the editor of The Huffington Post and The Associated Press asking me to call their photography desk asap.

The photo is now on the AP wire and is currently in use by several news agencies, including Yahoo News, AOL News, several regional and local newspapers, and all over the place. (in fact if anyone happens to see it in use can you link me, as I would like to add it to my portfolio or screen cap it? thanks!)

So I thought that I would go ahead and share these here with you all. The first shot is the shot that went viral and is being published all over the place. Most of these are long exposures around 10-30 seconds a piece. Keep in mind I was roughly 20+ miles away when I shot these with the Tamron lens. There are more on my website at this gallery here http://jdebordphoto.zenfolio.com/fourmile_canyon_wildfire

p105588554.jpg

p286040689.jpg

p95430463.jpg

p414750392.jpg

p343139215.jpg

p911147664.jpg

Nice shootin' and congrats on this getting published. You were in the right place at the right time- hard to do. Good job- the pix came out great.

Did you do any post processing to them, or are they right out of the camera?

Nice shootin' and congrats on this getting published. You were in the right place at the right time- hard to do. Good job- the pix came out great.

Did you do any post processing to them, or are they right out of the camera?

Curves and levels pretty much is about all

Excellent work John! Looks very good!

Most reactions

Back