The Camera-Gear-Santa-Brought-Me Thread

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
We all know that our lists to Santa had a ton of gear on it. And although maybe he didn't bring you that Canon 1DS MkII or the Nikon D2Xs, you might have got something this year.

This thread is to let out that excitement that maybe your family and friends don't understand.

This year I got some B&W film, a 1GB memory card, and a Canon 430EX speedlite.

What did everyone else get?

Gizto GT2940LVL (its so light)
Gitzo G1239 (its so small)
Manfrotto 490RC4 (its so big)

Not a lot photo related.

Some more batteries for my camera
A flash drive. (Moving photos, it's a stretch.)
Some photo albums.

BUT:

My parents took some pictures of mine and made a calendar out of them! They didn't do it exactly the way I would have, they scanned the pics instead of taking the files, so they're grainy occasionally, but they put a lot of time into it and to see that being so technically challenged they put so much into it meant a lot to me. They're the best.

I think thats all photo related stuff for me.

I will be buying a laptop with some of my extra money/Christmas money shortly as well!

Hope everyone else made out with some "phat l00t" too! :)

Canon 10-22mm :)

Wasn't given anything photography related, per say. I got myself a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye though. :) And i'm currently borrowing a D200 with SB-28 and 55-200 lens from my class... D200 + fisheye + snowboarding = :thumbup:

i got them early, but i got 2 light tents (12" and 36") with 4 different backgrounds each, 2 lights, a tripod and carrying case for it all.

my family didnt know exactly what i needed or wanted, so my mom said to find something in the $250 range and she will get it, and my aunt is getting me the rc-1 remote, and the EF 50mm f/1.8 lens. my brothers got me a gift certificate for $100 from a local camera store, so i might get an infrared filter, and use the rest for prints with that.

I won't even READ through this thread.

:cry:

Santa all but forgot me!
No presents at all.
Least of all camera gear :cry:

While I would have needed a new polariser so badly.
While I had wanted a 50mm prime lens so dearly.
While an external flash would have come in really handy ...

No camera gear here either... Lots of Harley Davidson stuff though. :D

Lowepero Rover AW II and enough money to bring me up to enought to get a sigma 105mm Macro :)

Ho Hum, santa didn't get me anything that was on my list. I did get some really nice fuzzy socks though:lmao:

I also got some money which, will be spent on my new bag.

I've also noticed that since my digital has become my camera of choice, Santa doesn't leave me film in my stocking anymore...

I got mine present a bit early as well. I got the Alien Bees ABR800 ring flash, with softbox. My mother in law is shipping me a small light tent for product photography. I'm very well equipped now and have no excuses.

no camera gear yet,... as this is something i have to buy myself ;)

hopefully what i ordered is in the mail though ;)

Most reactions

Back