The Camera-Gear-Santa-Brought-Me Thread

What I got isn't specifically for photography, but it sorta is.

I needed a backpack of some sort that's big enough to fit my camera bag down inside of it, plus room for other things I'd have in a carry-on on the plane. I was drooling over one, but didn't have the money for it right now...so someone got it for me for Christmas! :D

Backpack

Mine is green and gray instead of black and gray though. :p

It just came in today, and I just got done testing it to see how much it would fit....I've got my camera bag in it, a clunky pair of Dr. Martens, a big baggy folded up hoodie...that's in the main compartment....in the second biggest compartment I have my tripod (it sticks out the top about 10" but that's ok), and I have a book in one of the outer compartments....and there's still plenty of room! I love it! :D

Jee Whiz! Take all that stuff out and you could put Joe inside, then y'all could split 1 plane ticket!

Santa is never too sure what to get me when it comes to photography, so he gave me ca$h instead and told me to buy what I wanted...Santa "gave me" a new studio lighting set up :) (2 soft boxes, umbrella, light stands...)

Santa brought me something so amazing, I never would have expected it in a
million years. Santa brought me...

A seventy to two hundred millimeter, F two point eight, vibration reduction lens.

How ridiculous is that???

Oh yeah, by Santa, I mean my father. The wonderful man he is.

Here is a picture of her...boy do I love her so. :)

DSC_3678.JPG

castrol said:
Santa brought me something so amazing, I never would have expected it in a
million years. Santa brought me...

A seventy to two hundred millimeter, F two point eight, vibration reduction lens.

How ridiculous is that???

Oh yeah, by Santa, I mean my father. The wonderful man he is.

Wow, that will be nice to shoot with :D

A 67 mm R72 Hoya IR filter and a 62->67 mm ring. I've been experimenting with it but with absolutely zip success, possibly because we haven't had any sun in Ohio for the past two days and so I haven't had a good, strong light source to light the trees and sky. Plus, no one's written that guide to IR photography on this site yet ... but reminding folks of that is slightly un-Christmas-y. :D

John_05 said:
and my aunt is getting me the rc-1 remote, and the EF 50mm f/1.8 lens

i just got that lens (not a present tho) its great, i love it

i got some money which was meant for adobe creative suite 2 but im just gunna keep using my copy of elements and hang out till CS3 is released

No camera gear, but I did get $70 from assorted relatives to put towards the future purchase of my yet-undecided-choice of DSLR. :)

My enlarger and all the stuff that came with it. And my DuoLab. Now just to set up the darkroom. Wil ltake over a month.

Even I didn't get myself much with regards to camera stuff this year. Two rolls of 120 film, one roll of 35mm B&W (free with a magazine) and a new Holga.

Faired pretty well... then again in a household of photographers you should...LOL

4gig Extreme III
2gig Ultra II
Canon 135L
Canon 85/1.8
4gig Sandisk Cruzer Thumb Drive

the GFs 11y/o son made out pretty good (aside from toys) too
Tamron 17-35
Zenitar Fisheye
M-Rock Pack

and the GFs will be on the way next week...
Nikon 35/2
Nikon 60/2.8 Macro
Nikon 85/1.8

Most reactions

New Topics

Back