The “Candies” are Ready!

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The “Candies” are Ready!

Just wanted to tell you that “Freddy Baby” has finished her post production and you can view “Candies” at the following link…

"Candies"

Come on :meh: I had to click 2 links one after another, why not just hotlink the pics here.

click this

115728908.BXn2cD0g.Candies12.jpg

Well we all cannot be sparkling writers too, right?

Me, I am just kinda wondering what the post has to do with "more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls" as it is all pictures and no discussion.

Well we all cannot be sparkling writers too, right?

Me, I am just kinda wondering what the post has to do with "more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls" as it is all pictures and no discussion.

Hi;

If you wish, I am more than willing to take any questions regarding what was done during the shoot as well as the preparation for the post production and sorry for the double click link. I will do my best to answer any queries made...:blushing:

Here is the direct link to the images:

PublishedWorks Photo Gallery by Benjamin Kanarek at pbase.com

PS...There are several articles that I have written that deal with many challenges in studio and pre & post prod in the Biz. If you go through my blog, I am sure you may find some articles of interest to you.

I like the shot but something about the candy in her arm irks me to no end.

Are you mixing Tungsten and Daylight colour temps in the Candies photos? If so could you go into more detail as far as that process goes.

)'(

Actually I am. However for this series I lit the backdrop with 2 x 2K tungsten Mandarines and shot two more back in to the model and floor behind her. I place "Full Blue" correction gelatins on all of the tungstens to balance to accomplish 5000k. I used a Pro Phot Opalite with a Honeycomb grid spot to light the model using a 1600 ws Pro Phot Flash.

Here is an illustration identical to the lighting used except for the model where I did not use a standard 7" bowl, but the above stated Opalite. In the illustration it says flash or tungsten. For this series I used tungsten.

attachment.php.jpg photo - Benjamin Kanarek photos at pbase.com

Last edited:
amazing. i am surprised u are even a member here... :)

Good work! I like the lighting on the models and such, however; the candies look really out of place in my opinion. Candies_03 and Candies_05 especially. They don't cast any shadows and the depth of field on 03 doesn't seem to match the model, so they detract from the initial photo.

amazing. i am surprised u are even a member here... :)

I know that is a compliment, but rather demeaning of some of the other people that are members here and have posts in the 5-digit catagory. Wow, I wish you were here a couple years ago, there were a good 2-3 dozen people that were so incredible you wonder why they were not making millions of dollars a year from the industry... maybe they were, who knows. ;)

The setup, if you study a while longer, is nice but not all that complex.

Once you get to the point that you have 2-3 lights, but each light is bounced 3-4 different ways through 6-7 light modifiers and controlled with precision... that is when things just start to get interesting. ;)

I'd recommend you pickup the DVDs from Dean Collins... after you get the OneLight DVD series from Zack Arias... makes the transition a lot smoother.

Are you mixing Tungsten and Daylight colour temps in the Candies photos? If so could you go into more detail as far as that process goes.

)'(

Actually I am. However for this series I lit the backdrop with 2 x 2K tungsten Mandarines and shot two more back in to the model and floor behind her. I place "Full Blue" correction gelatins on all of the tungstens to balance to accomplish 5000k. I used a Pro Phot Opalite with a Honeycomb grid spot to light the model using a 1600 ws Pro Phot Flash.

Here is an illustration identical to the lighting used except for the model where I did not use a standard 7" bowl, but the above stated Opalite. In the illustration it says flash or tungsten. For this series I used tungsten.

attachment.php.jpg photo - Benjamin Kanarek photos at pbase.com

Thanks for the diagram. I have not been brave enough to mix my lights. Yet...

Love & Bass

As the man said... "there are no rules"... once the basics are learned and you are going for a specific effect. :)

You might want to watch this video. Used film because I was cross processing. Mixed up Tunsten, HMI Cinema Lights, Bare Bulb flash, Opalite, Soft Box and a whole bunch of other stuff.:sexywink:

Plus a very radical team with Sascha Lilic the stylist and founder of "Above Magazine"..He is the first Bald headed fart in the film. I am the second one shaking the camera...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back