The Challenge

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What's the biggest challenge you've faced in photography? Have you, and how did you overcome it? If you haven't, what are you doing about it?

at the moment getting enough money to buy all the stuff i need hahah
still haven't overcome that one yet
the job market sucks for a 16 year old hahah

at the moment getting enough money to buy all the stuff i need hahah
still haven't overcome that one yet
the job market sucks for a 16 year old hahah

Yes, california job market does suck! Orange County woot woot

Shooting a 35mm SLR, with bellows and 135mm lens hand held.

It was such an epic failure I ended up setting it down on the table.

Last edited:
Biggest Challenge: Taking photo's with a 2.5 year old with me lol Especially tripod shots
How do I overcome it: Make sure boyfriend is with me (limits when i can take pics of course since he works)
Problem will hopefully be overcome when she gets a bit older I hope :D

My biggest challenges are:

1. Finding the time, recently, to actually go anywhere to shoot. When you love landscapes, this is a pain.

Solution: Hmm. I'm working on it.

2. Taking all my gear and tripod to a shoot using only a motorbike, and not having to walk around in leathers with a helmet, camera and tripod at the other end.

Solution: Buy a backbox! This will be revolutionary for my photography.

Right now as an amature I am in the position to possibly do some work shooting product for a local bakery, coffee, desert shop. I know the owner and the staff that's there so the work will most likely be in exchange for free food (mmmmmmmmm). The work will be of product shots of some of the things they offer like grilled paninis and beverages. I will be working with a friend of mine thats a graphic designer that will utilise the photos to create signage.

My worry with this is to oversome the feeling of complete possible failure. Recently i have been building makeshift lightboxes and experimenting with appreciable results. Right now my biggest challenge is mental as i dont have the specific product to shoot but i fear that i will have a hard time making fresh food look apatizing.

Biggest challenge?
Having an interest in wildlife photography (not only are the subects hard to find, but the kit is anything but cheap!)

Current Challenge?
Trying to get close up photos of the eyes of a husky --- head never still unless the eyelids are shut!
Currently considering using matchstickes ;)

Preventing the burden of purpose from weighing the photograph down.

Avoiding pictorialism while also avoiding impenetrable obscurity.

Solution: Keep working on it, don't dwell on it.

After going back threw some older posts....I think I have me a new challenge

:er:

I'm gonna make it my personal goal to shoot a bird with a 50mm 1.4 :thumbup:

lets make it a proper challenge (so you don't just spend the day at the bird sanctury ;))
Make it not only shooting a bird with a 50mm - make it shooting a wild bird with a 50mm :)

lets make it a proper challenge (so you don't just spend the day at the bird sanctury ;))
Make it not only shooting a bird with a 50mm - make it shooting a wild bird with a 50mm :)

yeah, that was the plan. Sorry I should have clarified that.

Besides I have to work all day ;)

*EDIT*

Oh and just to be fair I won't use the teleconverter.

What's the biggest challenge you've faced in photography? Have you, and how did you overcome it? If you haven't, what are you doing about it?

Post Processing..... What do I about?... Every night I read more of my PSPX2 manual before I nod off.... In the morning it is all forgotten....

After going back threw some older posts....I think I have me a new challenge

Nobody shoots birds with a 50mm.
:er:

I'm gonna make it my personal goal to shoot a bird with a 50mm 1.4 :thumbup:

Ok scratch that.....I got one, It'll need some croping but it's close enough to call a winner.....That was actually kind of fun.

I'll have it out of the camrea and out for processing by the end of the week.

01:24 PM
02:27 PM

In a single hour you not only found a wildbird but shot it as well?
with a 50mm???
Your quick!

Most reactions

Back