The Challenge

I find it the greatest challange is finding the subject to shoot which are not constittute snap shooting. But inspiration comes somehow sometimes. I have not finish with cemetery shooting - infact that will be years walking around as thing that I like, and now I found another subject to shoot. I am not telling you people my last find though it's secret :). And I had a go already with the the security guard who warned me about shooting in there and going to call the police. I point my camera right into his face and I said: Smile you are on camera.

He turned around and bolt out :lol:. Chook!!

What's the biggest challenge you've faced in photography? Have you, and how did you overcome it? If you haven't, what are you doing about it?

My biggest challenge is a big one. Its how to make my shots better and be serious enough about it to get better, yet be playful enough that its still fun to go out and shoot. Right now I'm at a point where I don't want to go out, cause I feel somewhat self-critical. But I just keep telling myself that if its not fun, there's no point for me to keep shooting.

My second biggest challenge is getting random women to pose nude for me. Whenever I ask them, they always slap me and call me a jerk. I guess I'll have to work on my people skills or something. :)

Don't get me wrong, I know I have so much to learn with landscapes. Even when I'm "great" (tee-hee) I'll still have more to learn--it is always a process to improve. By saying landscapes are easy enough, I guess I mean relative to people/urban photography. You say I have an eye for landscapes, and maybe there's a glimmer of hope for me there, but I don't feel it when I'm out photographing people. I have to try so much harder than with landscapes, and that is saying something :p

I'll try anything at least once, and I figure if I don't force myself out of my comfort zone, I might miss something that I'm truly talented at just because I never tried it. So far, I've pretty much figured out I'm no genius at photographing people :raisedbrow:

I have no doubt you'll get where you want to go, and I do understand what you're saying as far as effort involved in different types of photography. Myself, I figure I've reached a point where I need to concentrate and develop within my comfort zone. Still, some edges relative to my skills are going to be pushed while I'm in here.

My biggest challenge is a big one. Its how to make my shots better and be serious enough about it to get better, yet be playful enough that its still fun to go out and shoot. Right now I'm at a point where I don't want to go out, cause I feel somewhat self-critical. But I just keep telling myself that if its not fun, there's no point for me to keep shooting.

My second biggest challenge is getting random women to pose nude for me. Whenever I ask them, they always slap me and call me a jerk. I guess I'll have to work on my people skills or something. :)

Just got to keep trying.

Biggest challenge: composing interesting pictures.

What I'm doing: Reading about composition. Studying photos I like. Walking all around a potential picture and looking at it from every angle, trying to find the shot. And almost always failing. But I like new challenges.

My only challenge in the past 20 years or so has been finding affordable products that either aren't made of cheesy plastic or aren't made by a company I refuse to have anything to do with. 20 years ago and before it was ALLOT easier than now for sure! And it seems to be getting more difficult on a logarithmic scale. :(

I guess I'm overcoming it by buying less toys and just saving for the more quality ones but that isn't an overcoming solution as much as it is a forced defensive posture.

That's why I stick to equipment that is twenty or more years old ;)

Most reactions

Back