The Chemically Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take only pictures. Leave only foot prints

I will def respond to everyones questions later on. Currently at the hostpital with my father.

But rick, Where is that quote from. Ive heard it before....about 6 years ago....but i cant remember where

Well, Stic, I think this quote below pretty much sums up why people are 'slagging him'

Before I continue with this post, keep in mind that I am NOT crazy. I may have a mind that is like none other, though that does not mean that it is not brilliant in its own way.
I am a fan of the unknown, the unseen, the unexplored, the ruins, the abandoned, the over grown.....
I find peace in the places that nobody goes. The knowledge that no man has stepped foot here in a very long time. The knowledge that there is beauty in even the most horrific places.
Hospitals, Jails, Psychiatric Institutions, Murder Houses, Haunted Dwellings, and many more of the worlds unexplained oddities that have since been left for the world to take it back.

This thread will be a compilation of my work, my process, and my vision.

That was also posted in at least one other place.

He seems much more interested in burnishing his image then in improving his image

Oh yeah and @Lew, I'm am never not baked. I have had 2 slipped discs in my spine and I smoke to ease pain. Which is all day every day. But when I smoke....I can function like nothing ever happened

Due to the copious amounts of cannabis that I intake daily, When I made this account, I most likely got confused about the "My photos are ok to edit" thing.

**ATTENTION - Marijuana effects the memory** (Half Baked)

Sooooo, because he was using us for a little posturing, I think everyone feels quite comfortable pooping on him.

And, by the way Stic, on a site that expressly forbids political talk, it is really quite rude to drop in this kind of comment.

You also have a suing (sic?) culture born of the misguided assumption something is always someone else's fault...i do realise this is necessary because your morally corrupt government sells medical care and social welfare rather than funds it...

Can't it EVER just be a case of "I'll take responsibility for myself, thank you" in America...?

Imagine just how many opportunities are missed because nobody would sign off on it for risk of losing their insurance (even though it's not dangerous in the least, but if someone got a splinter, they'd sue for 10 mill...CRAZY!)

But, I hope you feel better, having told off all us really really terrible Yanks.

While I was outside oppressing the masses, I noticed a meter maid giving your white horse a ticket, but, considering your strong feelings about personal responsibility I didn't say anything.

Well, Stic, I think this quote below pretty much sums up why people are 'slagging him'

Before I continue with this post, keep in mind that I am NOT crazy. I may have a mind that is like none other, though that does not mean that it is not brilliant in its own way.
I am a fan of the unknown, the unseen, the unexplored, the ruins, the abandoned, the over grown.....
I find peace in the places that nobody goes. The knowledge that no man has stepped foot here in a very long time. The knowledge that there is beauty in even the most horrific places.
Hospitals, Jails, Psychiatric Institutions, Murder Houses, Haunted Dwellings, and many more of the worlds unexplained oddities that have since been left for the world to take it back.

This thread will be a compilation of my work, my process, and my vision.

That was also posted in at least one other place.

OMG...he has the effrontery to post on more than one forum...my god, let's BAN him...

Lighten up...

He seems much more interested in burnishing his image then in improving his image

NO, he's making a point about beauty in unusual places (a VALID point, by the way)...he may waffle a bit but, so what...is this site about peoples nature, or their photography?

Oh yeah and @Lew, I'm am never not baked. I have had 2 slipped discs in my spine and I smoke to ease pain. Which is all day every day. But when I smoke....I can function like nothing ever happened

Due to the copious amounts of cannabis that I intake daily, When I made this account, I most likely got confused about the "My photos are ok to edit" thing.

**ATTENTION - Marijuana effects the memory** (Half Baked)

Sooooo, because he was using us for a little posturing, I think everyone feels quite comfortable pooping on him.

Well, then that just goes to show what sorry excuses for human beings you all are, doesn't it...

And, by the way Stic, on a site that expressly forbids political talk, it is really quite rude to drop in this kind of comment.

You also have a suing (sic?) culture born of the misguided assumption something is always someone else's fault...

Imagine just how many opportunities are missed because nobody would sign off on it for risk of losing their insurance (even though it's not dangerous in the least, but if someone got a splinter, they'd sue for 10 mill...CRAZY!)

NO, it wasn't 'rude', it was ON TOPIC, due to all the posts slagging him off for going into these places (and making the assumption he also vandalises them while there, i might add).

But, I hope you feel better, having told off all us really really terrible Yanks.

Hey, if the truth hurts...

While I was outside oppressing the masses, I noticed a meter maid giving your white horse a ticket, but, considering your strong feelings about personal responsibility I didn't say anything.

Actually, i ride a black horse...must have been someone else's...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, then that just goes to show what sorry excuses for human beings you all are, doesn't it...

And after purposefully continuing to insult all the Yanks here, do you expect comments, support and help from us?

I knew there was something about a horse, I just wasn't certain of what part it was until now.

Well since this is now a debate about right and wrong, I guess another thread bites the dust? OP's vision was lost on page 4 or so, right?

And after purposefully continuing to insult all the Yanks here, do you expect comments, support and help from us?

I knew there was something about a horse, I just wasn't certain of what part it was until now.

If anyone is an equine rectum on here, i think you've proved you're it buddy...with an attitude like this:

You didn't like his way with words, so you all felt justified in slagging him off...

No, you're right...that makes you a WONDERFUL human being...my bad...:er:

If you are, in fact The_Traveler, how about leaving this guy alone to post his photos and go somewhere else...

cgipson1 said:
Yea? Ask any police department about trespassing and vandalism! It is so common that most trespass and vandalism laws are intertwined....

Chronic Trespassing And Vandalism May Doom Manchester Log Cabin - Hartford Courant
California Criminal Law Info: Vandalism, Trespass & Disturbing -
49 USC 20151 - Sec. 20151. Railroad trespassing and vandalism prevention strategy - US Code - Title 49: Transportation - Subchapter II - Particular Aspects of Safety - Id 19259953 - vLex
E-8 TRESPASSING AND VANDALISM - Opelika City Schools

Just some results from a quick 30 second search!

I thought you were gone... didn't you do a one of those high drama flounce threads? Welcome back!

You made this about photographers that go to an abandoned location, take photos, and vandalize. Not about vandalism in general. I am willing to bet that the majority of photographers that shoot places of this nature do their best not to disturb much of anything. I know that's been my rule of thumb.

Wrong! Show me where I said photographers go into places like that and vandalize! You cant.. because I didn't say it! ( I did mention something about drug using adolescents... that I will concede!)

All I said was Vandalism and Trespassing is often seen together... so often that laws for one, mention the other!

And, why are people ascribing urban vandalism to this person, just because they shoot abandoned buildings? Do you ascribe vehicular manslaughter to automotive photographers?

Yes, the OP is openly stating use of ‘weed’…so what; you’re supposed to be critiquing the photos, not the life choices of the photographer…

I never said the OP was vandalizing, but yes.. I intimated that most likely he was tresspassing!

Weed use? Pot for slipped discs? Oh.. no sympathy there, I have a multiple vertebrae spinal fusion that is rather painful, as well as other issues.. but I don't use that as a cop out for staying stoned!

OK.. this is how I see it. OP buys a camera and takes his first picture on Dec. 17. (info from another forum) Four days later he comes here and uses terms such as :

"I may have a mind that is like none other, though that does not mean that it is not brilliant in its own way."

and let's not forget.. "This thread will be a compilation of my work, my process, and my vision."

To me these statements are pretty brazen for someone who has owned camera for about 96 hours. Chemic has set the bar far higher than he can ever hope to achieve at this stage of his photographic career. He talks about "the knowledge that there is beauty in even the most horrific places." yet I have not seen a hint of beauty in any shots so far. Depressing, somber, images that are not particularly well done or even interesting with a couple of exceptions is what I have seen.

I just see someone who wants us to think he is a brilliant artist with a unique vision. I'm afraid the copious amount of pot may have contributed to an inflated sense of his own talent. I don't see anything that is unique or original in any of these shots. Most have numerous flaws. That's to be expected when someone is starting out. But he promised us beauty and a unique vision and then couldn't deliver the goods. So, people being the way they are, he got pounded for it. His first post doomed him.

OK.. this is how I see it. OP buys a camera and takes his first picture on Dec. 17. (info from another forum) Four days later he comes here and uses terms such as :

"I may have a mind that is like none other, though that does not mean that it is not brilliant in its own way."

and let's not forget.. "This thread will be a compilation of my work, my process, and my vision."

To me these statements are pretty brazen for someone who has owned camera for about 96 hours. Chemic has set the bar far higher than he can ever hope to achieve at this stage of his photographic career. He talks about "the knowledge that there is beauty in even the most horrific places." yet I have not seen a hint of beauty in any shots so far. Depressing, somber, images that are not particularly well done or even interesting with a couple of exceptions is what I have seen.

I just see someone who wants us to think he is a brilliant artist with a unique vision. I'm afraid the copious amount of pot may have contributed to an inflated sense of his own talent. I don't see anything that is unique or original in any of these shots. Most have numerous flaws. That's to be expected when someone is starting out. But he promised us beauty and a unique vision and then couldn't deliver the goods. So, people being the way they are, he got pounded for it. His first post doomed him.

Well said!

This.

We get noobs washing up on the shores here at TPF pretty much every day, but they don't all get clubbed like innocent little baby seals. In fact, most don't. Why do a few? Usually, from what I've seen, it's their attitude upon arrival or shortly thereafter.

As Tuffy pointed out above, the "Elite Artísté with a vision they will soon grace us with, secret shooting location and quite obvious over-inflated ego" doesn't generally cut it around here. That's true even if they've been here a long time, much less if they're flouncing it around in their fancy cape and underwear in their first few posts, giving off vibes like they're a photographic genius or something. People picked up on that and delivered a hearty middle finger as a general response.

I see no mystery here at all.

A sense of humor might have helped a lot. Some of you seriously need to lighten up. You could have had fun with this poster on a completely different level, in a benign sort of way. But that's not how it played out.

Why not just....laugh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back