The Christmas 2006 Decorations

No prob: I was out in Hamburg last year on 15 December, and as night falls early at that time of the year, my photography very soon had to turn into "night photography", but ... I hadn't brought the tripod. So I thought by myself, "let's see, before I get motion blur, I test what deliberately unfocussed photos might look like" and took this scene both at f13 and f29 (here) at 1/4 sec, camera rested on a waste paper basket or something like that. I don't like the f13-version at all, and would never had shown you this one, if not posting totally unfocussed photos would have become very "en vogue" on here of late. With that new trend of not caring AT ALL about focussing, I finally felt confident enough to post my photo.

Does this explain things?
By the way, I also have a (somewhat under-exposed) non-camera-shake focussed version of this street scene, but all in all it is a tad boring.

You have yet to actually explain your photo, as a technical summary ascribes no value to the work.

"...I test what deliberately unfocussed photos might look like..."

... is all the explanation I can give. Sorry. I am totally unartistic and uncreative, and I have always suffered from this lack inside me. All I ever do with my camera is play.

I think its brilliant :) I haven't really seen many photos all out of focus, but the more I see the more I enjoy them. If I had taken it myself I would have been rather proud. You did a wonderful job

The tree lights alone in the background would have made for an interestingly patterned abstract. Other than that, it belongs in the trash.

Makes me feel, Christmas depressed, like 14 hours straight shopping for gifts, cold, damp, dark.
Waiting for the bus as a kid, stinking exaust fumes, biting breeze watering up my eyes.
I dunno...theres more to photos than sharp, technical critique doesn't often contain references to how the viewer feels inside about a particular image.
Sometimes I think that is more important than sharp, dof, composition, exposure and all that other crap.
It only has to shuffle the viewer out of apathy to be succesfull, in that respect it doesn't compare with yellow fuzz tree.....therefore - yooz failz..
shoot something crapper..

...Other than that, it belongs in the trash.

(
whisper.gif
Where do you think it came from, Max?)

I think you captured my viewpoint on my way home after the last office christmas party...... at that point, I am sure I would have considered it in focus.

Looks a little busy. I don't know what you are trying to portray in this photo. Anyways not the best I've seen from you.

It is to dark and you don't have a definate point of focus. I think you may have missed what you were going for.

Well, go read Post 23 ...

Most reactions

Back