The Coffee House

I have no idea how much I'd be willing to pay for wedding photography. Buzz and I are both photographers and we might be tempted to shoot our own and then just pay ourselves ;)

Something about a lawyer who decides to represent themselves in court.. umm.. nahh, I got nothing.. lol
Gary read about a dentist who would fix his own teeth. One time he screwed up badly and filed a claim on his own insurance.
Ehhhh... wouldn't they claim that as fraud?

Wow, your Spring Break is pretty late. When do your semesters run?

This is my middle school spring break. My primary job is teaching reading and writing to 7th graders. I usually teach one class a semester, and I'm an oddity at the community college that I work at because my Master's is in Education, not English. I managed to convince the department chair a few years ago that I'd be a great asset to teaching developmental courses at the college because of my background in pedagogy. I started by teaching non-credit bearing foundational courses. Once our governor eliminated the budget for those, I slid into teaching Composition instead.

I actually really like teaching the two different groups -- different challenges and different celebrations for sure.

Interesting that, apart from the 7th grade job, we had very similar community college trajectories. My degrees are in Linguistics (BA) and Education (MEd). I started teaching ESL in the continuing education classes, then got into the credit-bearing development writing classes for ESL students, and then got through the back door of the English dept to teach both developmental writing for native speakers as well as Comp 101 (Research) and 102 (Literature). I have taught middle and high school, but not for very long and not in America. Teaching different sorts of groups and subjects does certainly keep one on one's toes ;)

Enjoy the break from the 7th graders!

My polarizer is here! Now I have all sorts of crap to test! The 28-75, the polarizer, my own skills... Time for a nature hike I think.

I have no idea how much I'd be willing to pay for wedding photography. Buzz and I are both photographers and we might be tempted to shoot our own and then just pay ourselves ;)

Something about a lawyer who decides to represent themselves in court.. umm.. nahh, I got nothing.. lol
Gary read about a dentist who would fix his own teeth. One time he screwed up badly and filed a claim on his own insurance.
Ehhhh... wouldn't they claim that as fraud?
Gary doubts that a medical policy would have language which stipulates against self-administration.

Gary doubts that a medical policy would have language which stipulates against self-administration.

We have signs at restaurants warning us that coffee is served hot and that the doors should remain unlocked during business hours.

Honestly nothing surprises me anymore.. lol

Good afternoon, peeps.

Well, it is official; I am finished with the long and oft times grueling Time-Based Fire/EMS Response (fire boxes & run cards) project. Maintenance has been handed over to the 9-1-1 group.
:bouncingsmileys:

I really should send them a sympathy card. :biglaugh:

I should post a map of this monster.

Actually, I have one more thing to do and that's explain to the poor bast GIS Analyst the actual steps I used to create and maintain it. It's not really complicated but it is labor-intensive.

Now I have time to develop some other stuff that's been on the back burner.

Looks good, Gary.

Wedding photography is a funny thing, I guess, and must be highly regionalized as far as costs go. I was the first one of my friends married, and we did it while we were both in grad school, no parent help, etc. We paid $800 for a really crappy photographer, although I didn't really truly realize how bad until my friends started getting married and once I started looking at lots of photos on this site. Things here in CT are usually relatively expensive compared to other places (although we have nothing on SoCal), but none of my friends spent less than about $2500 on their photographers, and I don't think it included the print costs.

I'm on Spring Break this week -- much different than before I had my daughter. I used to be able to sleep in a bit, stay in my pajamas until 10, take another nap...but her schedule didn't shift because I didn't have to work! I guess the strange part is that 5:30am doesn't feel too bad anymore, and I feel down right cheery with 5-6 hours of sleep.

Wow, your Spring Break is pretty late. When do your semesters run?

It would be a poloroid, Holga fest

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5479344960890547609875fb00f97e49.jpg

Most reactions

Back