The Coffee House

Well, all I know is that I can take good pictures with minimal equipment, but I still want my Hassy, damnit!!

Oh yeah,,,morning, hosers :allteeth:

Morning, hosers! My concern right now is coffee, not gear.

Oh is it now.. so tell us then, smart guy.. what are you brewing your coffee with? Hmmm? That's right, no gear to brew coffee, no coffee. Humph.

Lol

I've seen some people with lots of expensive stuff that don't really know what they are doing and others with very modest equipment who are great photographers. I can't help thinking the equipment is only a very minor factor, providing we're talking about reasonable equipment, like any current or fairly recent DSLR or bridge camera. Of course there are always exceptions for certain specialized work, but for most people I think this is true.

As in all things photography, ya, it depends. In most shooting situations as long as you have a certain amount of gear you can usually get the job done. There are some situations though where your odds of getting a decent shot go way way down unless you've got some pretty respectable gear.

I guess I look at it from the standpoint that gear doesn't make the shot, but it does put an upper end limit on what you can do in a particular shooting situation. The better you are the closer you can get to hitting this maximum image quality, but eventually no matter how good you are with some gear your going to hit a ceiling, there just isn't any more knowledge or experience can do, you've reached the best quality you can get with the gear you have on hand.

Happy Friday, hosers!

Was up late last night, due to a rare dinner out, which included wine. :drunken_smilie: Still waiting to pour that second cup. Sew fergiv enee typozzzzzzz..... :sleeping:

Happy Friday, hosers!

Was up late last night, due to a rare dinner out, which included wine. :drunken_smilie: Still waiting to pour that second cup. Sew fergiv enee typozzzzzzz..... :sleeping:

Woohoo! Terri's here. It's Gear Talk Friday!

That's right! Gear Talk! Commences! Now! So listen up! :whip:

Your first assignment is to put down any camera you have that has a little screen in the back. Next, obtain a Holga, and a few rolls of 120, 400-speed film. The film can be color or B&W. Load your Holga with film. Next, carefully tape the back down with electrician's tape, and then go shoot with nothing else for a solid week. Take care not to forget to remove the lens cap. Report back here to display your images.

I hope the above technical stuff wasn't too confusing. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it!

Your first assignment is to put down any camera you have that has a little screen in the back. Next, obtain a Holga, and a few rolls of 120, 400-speed film. The film can be color or B&W. Load your Holga with film. Next, carefully tape the back down with electrician's tape, and then go shoot with nothing else for a solid week. Take care not to forget to remove the lens cap. Report back here to display your images.

I hope the above technical stuff wasn't too confusing. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it!

tumblr_nwolbyt2I01smroe5o1_500.jpg

Your first assignment

So how long before this message self destructs? Kind of important info to be leaving out..

is to put down any camera you have that has a little screen in the back.

My camera has a screen in the back? Huh. Well, what do you know, it does. Weird. Any idea what it does?

Next, obtain a Holga, and a few rolls of 120, 400-speed film. The film can be color or B&W. Load your Holga with film.

A holga. Hmm... well I had a cleaning lady once named Helga.. but If i tried to put film in her.. ya, lawsuit.

Next, carefully tape the back down with electrician's tape, and then go shoot with nothing else for a solid week. Take care not to forget to remove the lens cap. Report back here to display your images.

See, now this is really starting to sound like work.

Well, actually, could we go over that middle part again? Ohhh.. something shiny. Gotta go.

Well, I can't participate. I have lenses to test and a Mercedes to shoot today, and I can't do it with a Holga.

Well, actually, could we go over that middle part again? Ohhh.. something shiny. Gotta go.

Look, you started this, and I can get nasty when I'm hung over. So just read it over several more times until you get it.

I have every confidence in you. :1247:

But yes, admittedly, this is hard. Life is hard.

Look, you started this, and I can get nasty when I'm hung over.

Well see, there you go blaming me again just because it's all my fault. Lol

So just read it over several more times until you get it.

I have every confidence in you. :1247:

But.. umm.. something shiny. Sigh. :)

Well, I can't participate. I have lenses to test and a Mercedes to shoot today, and I can't do it with a Holga.
Are you kidding? A Holga would make a Mercedes look awesome!

Lol. I just can't bring myself to use one... I'm a HUGE stickler for image quality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back