The Coffee House

@ JC ... To get even at the comic for making fun of you ... Don't laugh at all at anything he says, bite your tongue. After a few remarks by the comic ... make yourself as large as possible (stand-up), approach him with your driver in your hands, look him straight in the eye and tell him "I don't think you're funny at all".
Or... each time he says/does something funny, either (a) ignore it; or (b) look at him quizzically with a look of total incomprehension.

@ JC ... To get even at the comic for making fun of you ... Don't laugh at all at anything he says, bite your tongue. After a few remarks by the comic ... make yourself as large as possible (stand-up), approach him with your driver in your hands, look him straight in the eye and tell him "I don't think you're funny at all".
Or... each time he says/does something funny, either (a) ignore it; or (b) look at him quizzically with a look of total incomprehension.
I can't, he is too funny. I don't mind, he knows I could crush him. He is one of those guys hard not to like.

HAPPY BLOW YOUR HAND OFF DAY 'MURICANS!!!! MAY EAGLES RAIN FREEBERTY ON YOUR TRUCKS IN WAL MART PARKING LOTS!!!!

Sorry.

The Cook get spooked by all the fireworks and the associated loud banging. So much so that Gary and Mary Lou found that the best thing we can do for her is to drug her up. (We're not happy with that, but over the years that has been the best solution.)

Poor Cook! This is one advantage to having an elder statesman like Odin around: he is now quite deaf. In years past, he barked his head off at every firecracker, and trotted around, nervous and muttering under his breath all night. Now he sleeps like a baby through it all, while his younger (feline) sisters have to be coaxed inside before nightfall, the litterbox set up, so they can cower like they always do during fireworks. They dive into our closet and stay in there all night.

This year, the indoor setup has been going on since Thursday night, given the timing of the 4th this year. Every night since then, someone else around here is trying to blow his fingers off in front of an apparently enthusiastic crowd of friends. Friday night was the loudest so far, when our downtown had their display. At least we can count on them to end it precisely at 10 pm!

Happy 4th, y'all! Hope everyone stays safe and has fun!

Never had any use for Columbus Day, though ;)
A conflict between two parts of my heritage: Italian and Native American.

Welp, I'm in the running for a potential emergency wedding photographer this Saturday. A good chunk of change too. :D I could REALLY use it.

Emergency wedding? How far along is the bride-to-be?

@ Leo: Take a look at the new Camaro, Chevy has a base model, four banger w/turbo and manual tranny for around $27K. My friend Tom, gets bored with his cars every two years and it's about two years on his GTI. He came over yesterday and we watched a lot of videos. Gary is a Mustang guy, he's had a few 'Stangs in his life including the SVO ... the videos made me salivate. Sure the Camaro is not a very practical car, but it is relatively cheap, comes with a bunch of good stuff as standard, drives like a hot rod and get good mileage.

You've got a different idea of "relatively cheap" than I do ;)

Good evening Hosers. Had fun today but our team didn't win at 14 under for 36. There some ringers in there today for sure, guys and gals I never seen before. I won a longest drive that covered the cost of entry. Last hole was a par 4, 342 yards from the white tee's to the pin and I drove the green and we eagled it. It was my farthest drive this year and 50 yards longer than my longest drive hole. It was majestic, it took off low to the ground and rose like a jet takeoff. On the other hand, I pretty much sucked at chipping and putting for the day. I have to work on it.

image.jpg

The Pesto

image.jpg

The Pizza

image.jpg

The Tri-Tip

Today was all about cooking and Gary is beat. Mary Lou's son and g/f arrive for lunch. They were hungry, all kids are always hungry. We started out with Gary's Famous French Dips and ended up with one of Gary's homemade pizzas.

Shortly after they left, Mary Lou's brother, wife and wife's sister arrived. Smoked Tri-tip, BBQ-ed Salmon, homemade bread stuffed with rosemary, tomato salad, pesto, rice, watermelon, lemonade and wine. Gary was surprised that it all came out so well.

Morning, hosers.

I keep thinking it's Monday. It's not. It's Tuesday. Monday's bastard cousin.

Morning, hosers.

I keep thinking it's Monday. It's not. It's Tuesday. Monday's bastard cousin.

Bastard cousin? Bit harsh, don't you think?

It's all about perception, after all. So try to think of Tuesday as... hmm.. Monday's Redheaded Stepchild.

Lol

Most reactions

Back