The Coffee House

LOL I know, right?

As for the emergency wedding, we don't do gifts really.

Well, looks like I have plans this Saturday. Wedding somewhere near Wisconsin Dells.

On a side note, it's hard getting real feedback on my photos. I feel like either they suck too much for people to comment, I'm doing something wrong, or people are afraid to hurt my feelings...? I have my big boy pants on. I can handle honest critique.

On a side note, it's hard getting real feedback on my photos. I feel like either they suck too much for people to comment, I'm doing something wrong, or people are afraid to hurt my feelings...? I have my big boy pants on. I can handle honest critique.
I've noticed the same.

What I've found useful was to get critique/feedback etc. from a pro, or an instructor, or someone who knows what they're doing. Good way at least to know I was heading in the right direction.

Hosers, you should see in this movie that's on from the '30s about Annie Oakley and Buffalo Bill in the late '80s - taking a group photo. The photographer took the lens cap off this big wooden camera, sat down... looked at his pocket watch, took a swig of beer from a mug..... eventually got up, put the lens cap back on - now that's how to take a picture! lol

If you're going to get a Camaro, get a Bitchin' Camaro.
(Probably NSFW, possibly NS for anyone, at least the full version not so much this one.)

Last edited:
Hosers, you should see in this movie that's on from the '30s about Annie Oakley and Buffalo Bill in the late '80s - taking a group photo. The photographer took the lens cap off this big wooden camera, sat down... looked at his pocket watch, took a swig of beer from a mug..... eventually got up, put the lens cap back on - now that's how to take a picture! lol

Ahh, the good ole days. Back when shooting in RAW would get you arrested.

What I've found useful was to get critique/feedback etc. from a pro, or an instructor, or someone who knows what they're doing. Good way at least to know I was heading in the right direction.

Gary is an advocate of the "beer" element of photography, not only is Gary an advocate of beer and photography, Gary incorporates said action into his photography/career whenever possible .... removing the lens cap is for sissies, real photogs shoot right through the cap. If fact, beer, believe it or not, actually promotes shooting through the lens cap, (especially when shooting a rangefinder).

Last edited:
Aw, I can do that with a rangefinder, no help from a beer necessary.

We had a silver Camaro when I was young. I have no idea what would have compelled my parents to buy that. We also had a Gremlin so go figure.

The landscape lady gave me a a few awesome flowers to photograph as she seen me taking pics of hers on the golf course, I had no idea she seen me doing that. My wife does not like her at all, my wife thinks she is a skank... whatever that is? She brought them by and my wife kind of embarrassed me by her reaction. I took them like a kid getting candy in a candy store. I said thank you and promptly walked off as my wife was on her like flies on ****. I let them hiss at each other (watched from the little crack in the bathroom window though, thought some shirts were gonna come off). My wife has barely talked to me sense (1/2 day... peace), like it is my fault... I had nothing to flippin do with it. I do not even know the lady other than seeing her maintaining the grounds on occasion, all I do is wave (everyone waves on a golf course), never even spoke to her. My wife said, "she was a home wrecker", I said, "no, she is a landscaper". That didn't go over well as I learned today what a home wrecker was... I was thinking bulldozers and hard hats. My Lord, I never can catch a break, I was on a record 3 day streak of not getting yelled at. I feel like drinking.

my wife thinks she is a skank... whatever that is?

In wife speak that means she thinks that is someone of the opposite gender that if you asked her to have marital relations with her, she would say yes.

She brought them by and my wife kind of embarrassed me by her reaction. I took them like a kid getting candy in a candy store. I said thank you and promptly walked off as my wife was on her like flies on ****. I let them hiss at each other (watched from the little crack in the bathroom window though, thought some shirts were gonna come off).

CF the definition above, hence making your wife's reaction justified..well, at least in your wife's view. Which might as well make it justified in your view as well, unless you enjoy sleeping on the couch.

My wife has barely talked to me sense (1/2 day... peace), like it is my fault... I had nothing to flippin do with it. I do not even know the lady other than seeing her maintaining the grounds on occasion, all I do is wave (everyone waves on a golf course), never even spoke to her. My wife said, "she was a home wrecker", I said, "no, she is a landscaper". That didn't go over well as I learned today what a home wrecker was... I was thinking bulldozers and hard hats. My Lord, I never can catch a break, I was on a record 3 day streak of not getting yelled at. I feel like drinking.

One of those arguments your not going to win no matter how much reason or logic is on your side.

my wife thinks she is a skank... whatever that is?

In wife speak that means she thinks that is someone of the opposite gender that if you asked her to have marital relations with her, she would say yes.

She brought them by and my wife kind of embarrassed me by her reaction. I took them like a kid getting candy in a candy store. I said thank you and promptly walked off as my wife was on her like flies on ****. I let them hiss at each other (watched from the little crack in the bathroom window though, thought some shirts were gonna come off).

CF the definition above, hence making your wife's reaction justified..well, at least in your wife's view. Which might as well make it justified in your view as well, unless you enjoy sleeping on the couch.

My wife has barely talked to me sense (1/2 day... peace), like it is my fault... I had nothing to flippin do with it. I do not even know the lady other than seeing her maintaining the grounds on occasion, all I do is wave (everyone waves on a golf course), never even spoke to her. My wife said, "she was a home wrecker", I said, "no, she is a landscaper". That didn't go over well as I learned today what a home wrecker was... I was thinking bulldozers and hard hats. My Lord, I never can catch a break, I was on a record 3 day streak of not getting yelled at. I feel like drinking.

One of those arguments your not going to win no matter how much reason or logic is on your side.

Well, I guess I screwed up again.... not sure how to avoid that situation. I am not a jealous person in regards to my wife, is that bad? If my wife wants to stray, just don't let me find out is how I look at it. I take good care of her, she has a maid, a new car, a nice home close to HER family, no debt, and I try daily to do my homework but she cuts that off, I am like Raymond Barone.

The landscape lady gave me a a few awesome flowers to photograph as she seen me taking pics of hers on the golf course, I had no idea she seen me doing that. My wife does not like her at all, my wife thinks she is a skank... whatever that is?
I thought about bringing some flowers back from San Diego. I decided against it.

The landscape lady gave me a a few awesome flowers to photograph as she seen me taking pics of hers on the golf course, I had no idea she seen me doing that. My wife does not like her at all, my wife thinks she is a skank... whatever that is?
I thought about bringing some flowers back from San Diego. I decided against it.

NOW IF THAT LADY CAME TO MY FENCE, I could see my wife's point.... Good timing.

Well, I guess I screwed up again.... not sure how to avoid that situation. I am not a jealous person in regards to my wife, is that bad? If my wife wants to stray, just don't let me find out is how I look at it. I take good care of her, she has a maid, a new car, a nice home close to HER family, no debt, and I try daily to do my homework but she cuts that off, I am like Raymond Barone.

Well the wife obviously has an issue here, so best bet is just to avoid this skank landscaper entirely. Take the wife out to a nice dinner or do something nice for her that she'll enjoy. If she brings it up again - apologize, just tell her you didn't mean to upset her but obviously you did and your sorry. She got the vibe that you were interested and that the landscaper was interested, that's why she reacted the way she did - doesn't matter if any of it was true.

On the upside it also means she still cares, so there is that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back