The Coffee House

Good morning, peeps. Expecting some snow at home (up to an inch), but nothing here. I had planned on going to the Tulsa zoo, today, but it's going to be too cold. Head back home tomorrow.

Photo of the Month -- Nominate; Vote; Save a Puppy!
Tired of the same old routine? Enter the Sm4him Memorial Monthly Photo Challenge

Too cold? For a zoo trip?

Huh.

Didn't realize there was such a thing...

Some will say with the sprockets engaged, that it does no good ... but Gary says every little bit helps. Just be careful not to rip the film, get it snug but don't overdo it.

I did a lot of double exposure slides with cameras that had no reliable mechanism for that. It worked somehow with rewind and tighten and lock and guess where the film was at any given time. Results were never 100% as expected...
Gotta love film ... lol.

I wish I could be on a beach somewhere!

It sounds pretty good at the moment. :)
Usually, Mary Lou and Gary hit the beach ... mmmhh ... twice a week for dinner, a stroll on the pier or to explore some tidepools. But since Mary Lou's been on Winter break, we've barely left the house. Yesterday being the exception, with our mad dash to Temecula. Gary thinks that we were determined to get through the 80 episodes of 'Celia' which made us homebound. Plus all the efforts and improvements we've put into the yard has made it just so usable and enjoyable ... it's like what's the point of leaving.

Yesterday, Mary Lou said she misses Celia.

Last edited:
28 here in MA, 12 with the wind chill. Today's plan is to get a workout in at lunchtime and throw away all the leftover candy and sweets from the holidays! Tonight, the tree and decorations are heading back to the attic. I do really hate how bare the house looks once I take down the Christmas stuff, especially the fireplace. I need to figure out something that will allow me to leave the lights along the mantle. Maybe some of those branches they sell at Michaels or some type of grapevine garland...
Gary has plenty of grapevines he will soon be pruning. You can soak them, then weave into any configuration.

I fear that after binge watching several Masterpiece shows, I shall never get this very proper voice out of my head. This morning my daughter asked me why I was talking funny.

I said I assure you madam, I am not.

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. It is raining. A cold 55F rain. Not much of a wind, but The Cook doesn't like the rain. She stays sheltered on the front porch watching me retrieve the morning paper. Only a half page ad from Samy's Camera today. Must be tied into the January doldrums. Gary plans on some bread making today. He has grave reservations for his starter which has been refrigerated but untouched/unfed for quite some time. It was shoved to the back of the frig and forgotten due to all the holiday excitement. There is one bagel left, Gary needs to consume it before it turns into a hockey puck.

Some will say with the sprockets engaged, that it does no good ... but Gary says every little bit helps. Just be careful not to rip the film, get it snug but don't overdo it.

I did a lot of double exposure slides with cameras that had no reliable mechanism for that. It worked somehow with rewind and tighten and lock and guess where the film was at any given time. Results were never 100% as expected...
Gotta love film ... lol.

The D500 is superb in controlling multi exposure. The D3 also is. The D600 is soso...

My picture of the day for 5 January 02017
Not sure whether I shall name it "pigeon" or "Gesamtkunstwerk in glorious light"
What do you think?

tmp_29615-IMG_20170105_173254274139722.jpg

Go Create!!!!
Come back & upload!!!

Technical: Galaxy Note 2, Photoshop

My picture of the day for 5 January 02017
Not sure whether I shall name it "pigeon" or "Gesamtkunstwerk in glorious light"
What do you think?

View attachment 132722

Go Create!!!!
Come back & upload!!!

Technical: Galaxy Note 2, Photoshop

Awesome image, bizzare in a good way. Call it what you want, the story is there to see.

Awesome image, bizzare in a good way. Call it what you want, the story is there to see.

Thank you!

The story is about a bridge that is torn down to build a new bridge and the shot is just one foot note or side note in that big picture book.

Which reminds me that I need to develop lots of shots of that bridge in different phases of destruction...

I need to figure out something that will allow me to leave the lights along the mantle. Maybe some of those branches they sell at Michaels or some type of grapevine garland...

I say get a couple of those strings of Japanese lantern lights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back