The Coffee House

We got more snow than I expected so my commute home was a bit messy (I had to work overtime this morning) but Alice did fine. I do love my snow tires :)

And now the bummer is that our power went out :irked: But I have candles and a fireplace and warm kitties and wine and Myra Breckenridge to read and a wi-fi hotspot so I can complain to you hosers, so it's all good :icon_mrgreen:
Sounds like a pinhole moment....

We got more snow than I expected so my commute home was a bit messy (I had to work overtime this morning) but Alice did fine. I do love my snow tires :)

And now the bummer is that our power went out :irked: But I have candles and a fireplace and warm kitties and wine and Myra Breckenridge to read and a wi-fi hotspot so I can complain to you hosers, so it's all good :icon_mrgreen:

Hey, there's an idea! In the meantime, a cell phone snap:

20170107_180314_LLS.jpg

Hey, there's an idea! In the meantime, a cell phone snap:

View attachment 132840
What's the cat looking at?

My bet is the candles . . . flames flicker and move.

Yup, the candles. Then about a minute later, she was on my lap. Then, just when I thought "Aww, this is just nice" the power came back on. I might just turn the lights off and carry on ;)

Hosers! I let my daughter invite a couple of friends over late this afternoon to hang out and watch a movie. The snow has since gotten worse and the streets are very slippery so I said they could stay over. Now I have a houseful of 14 year old girls who have taken over my nice comfy sectional and my plans to watch a movie on the big screen. The dog and I have decamped to my bedroom to surf the net and watch something on my computer. Suggestions? I'm in the mood for some sci fi or alternative reality I think. Has anyone been watching Man in the High Castle on Prime?

Hosers! I let my daughter invite a couple of friends over late this afternoon to hang out and watch a movie. The snow has since gotten worse and the streets are very slippery so I said they could stay over. Now I have a houseful of 14 year old girls who have taken over my nice comfy sectional and my plans to watch a movie on the big screen. The dog and I have decamped to my bedroom to surf the net and watch something on my computer. Suggestions? I'm in the mood for some sci fi or alternative reality I think. Has anyone been watching Man in the High Castle on Prime?

I've never seen that, but for alternate reality, there's always Twilight Zone or Buffy or Star Trek :) Oooh, or X Files!

I haven't, but everyone I know who has watched has said it's worth it.

We've been watching Mozart in the Jungle...it's been great, but very different than what you are looking for.

I'm currently watching football, and I think my wife is watching one of the Divergent movies on her phone. Her choice...she started before I was home.

Random musing: I went to pick up pizza on the way home tonight, and our normal favorite was closed because of the snow. I ended up stopping at a greek-style place that we never go to a few blocks from the house. The pizza is bad, but good...if you know what I mean. Thick, greasy crust...over spiced sauce, stringy mozzarella. Something nostalgic about it.

Our CATV "On Demand" had an old (c 1978) Doctor Who with Tom Baker and Lala Ward. :)

Random musing: I went to pick up pizza on the way home tonight, and our normal favorite was closed because of the snow. I ended up stopping at a greek-style place that we never go to a few blocks from the house. The pizza is bad, but good...if you know what I mean. Thick, greasy crust...over spiced sauce, stringy mozzarella. Something nostalgic about it.

Every once in a while I get a craving for Greek pizza and I know exactly what you mean about bad but good, lol. Just open any phone book and find the nearest House of Pizza and you are all set. It always takes me back in time to my teenage days hanging out at Mass House of Pizza in Cambridge. There was a public indoor pool across the street that was a quarter to get in then it was about .75 for a slice and a coke so we could make a $1 into a whole day. Now when my daughter heads to the Y for open swim I have to give her $5 to get in (we're not members anymore) and another $5-10 for something to eat from either Brueger's or Papa Gino's.

HOW much more "alternate reality" do you need than a house full of 14 year old girls?????

HOW much more "alternate reality" do you need than a house full of 14 year old girls?????
Throw the same out of 14 year old boys in there and see what you get....

Watched the first 2 episodes of Man in the High Castle. I think I'm hooked. The girls went out to play in the snow and wore themselves out a bit so they are actually quieter than usual (not to say quiet) watching a movie now...

Watched the first 2 episodes of Man in the High Castle. I think I'm hooked. The girls went out to play in the snow and wore themselves out a bit so they are actually quieter than usual (not to say quiet) watching a movie now...
Check the schnapps in liquor cabinet, make sure it is still there...

Most reactions

Back