The Coffee House

We're watching the Lions-Seahawks game. It's 25* outside.

Every time one of the commentators says "Jim Bob Cooter" we take a slug of wine.

Seriously, there is no better name in sports right now than Jim Bob Cooter.

Every time one of the commentators says "Jim Bob Cooter" we take a slug of wine.

I want a new pet now, just so I can name it Jim Bob Cooter.

Well, if they can't score more than 6 in a playoff game, no more Jim Bob next year in Detroit

Well, if they can't score more than 6 in a playoff game, no more Jim Bob next year in Detroit

Yeah, I really don't care about the actual player. I just want the name for a pet :)

Sounds like a name for a ferret. Or an armadillo.

Yeah, I really don't care about the actual player. I just want the name for a pet :)
Jim Bob is a coach. Offensive coordinator.

Or a turtle! He already has the "Bob" so maybe that is just short for Jim Bob Cooter :D

20170106_183154.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Bob is a coach. Offensive coordinator.

Yeah, still don't care ;)

I really don't follow pro football, just college. And once that is over, I'm more likely to watch hockey.

Mary Lou and Gary were planning on watching Manchester ... but we got caught up in house stuff. Mary Lou worked in the garage, clearing a pathway to and unearthing the weight machine. Gary spend the afternoon on the patio roof with another can of Henry's tracking down a stubborn drip.

We were both beat ... so we cleaned up and headed out for an early Italian dinner. And now we're home, in our pj's, watching RED on the big screen and drinking an absolutely wonderful blend, Heritage Red crafted by Lorenzi in Temecula. Pairs up nicely with our frozen yogurt and cookies.

I really don't follow pro football, just college. And once that is over, I'm more likely to watch hockey.
or curling.

or curling.

Don't laugh, I found myself genuinely (or as my students would say, "straight up legit") fascinated by curling during the last Winter Olympics! :laugh2:

I'm not laughing at all. I'm considering a trip to catch the Potomac Curling Club in action.

And for anyone that thinks curling is utterly nutterly, know that it is brought to the world by the same folks that popularized golf and bagpipes, the Scots.

This morning I started a laundry load and shortly after got an error code. I thought to myself "I wonder if that dream I had about putting shampoo in the washing machine is coming true".

Yeah. The washer was all full of suds. :\

Hosers! I let my daughter invite a couple of friends over late this afternoon to hang out and watch a movie. The snow has since gotten worse and the streets are very slippery so I said they could stay over. Now I have a houseful of 14 year old girls who have taken over my nice comfy sectional and my plans to watch a movie on the big screen. The dog and I have decamped to my bedroom to surf the net and watch something on my computer. Suggestions? I'm in the mood for some sci fi or alternative reality I think. Has anyone been watching Man in the High Castle on Prime?

Dirk Gently on Netflix. An alt reality detective story inspired by Douglas Adams.

We had 12 youth mixed 15 year old here last night. Wife managed to have them sent home. Originally our son had planned to have them stay here....

Most reactions

Back