The Coffee House

We had 12 youth mixed 15 year old here last night. Wife managed to have them sent home. Originally our son had planned to have them stay here....
:eek:

Or a turtle! He already has the "Bob" so maybe that is just short for Jim Bob Cooter :D

View attachment 132851
TURTLE!!!!!

Ah, left Lifetouch on a high note with a pretty good sale. Went in with an attitude of I wasn't gonna take crap from anyone, and it was GREAT. Had a guy get pissed about my pink tie, so I made sure to be more goofy than usual. He got so mad, it was hilarious. I can guarantee he's gonna take the survey and give me a bad review. It's so great knowing that this, in no way, will ever affect me. This was a church well over 2 hours away, so I'll never see these people again.

I have about 10 inches of snow to shovel before I can do anything else today, but the current 15* temperatures and 4* real feel are inhibiting any motivation to actually accomplish that task. So I'm sitting inside sipping a hot cup of coffee instead.

Dirk Gently on Netflix. An alt reality detective story inspired by Douglas Adams.

Is this the BBC version or the BBC-America/FX version with Elijah Wood? They're both equally good in very different ways. We bought the BBC-America version and just finished it up a few weeks ago.

It's nuts. Like completely bonkers crazy meth induced psychosis nuts.

I have about 10 inches of snow to shovel before I can do anything else today, but the current 15* temperatures and 4* real feel are inhibiting any motivation to actually accomplish that task. So I'm sitting inside sipping a hot cup of coffee instead.

Yup it's nasty cold out there. Good thing I've got a houseful of teenagers and at least 4 shovels.

Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. It is a cool 52F presently, no wind and the Sun is shining brightly through the Flowing Maple, the Hummingbird feeder and against the blinds. The front page photo of the LA Times is of a wide angle shot of a 4WD CHP Explorer stuck in snow. Beneath the photo a headline proclaims "Northern California on a winter war footing". All along the entire length of the Sierra Nevada bordering the Central Valley, 60 inches of snow has fallen. Last year at this time there wasn't enough snow to make a Margarita. The snows closed the road to Yosemite. The park was still open, you just couldn't get to it ... or out.

Gary is now reading an inside story on "Winter storm blankets East Coast". "... with ice causing hundreds of crashes. Thousands of people lost power ...". Gary would much rather keep the snow up in the mountains, an hour drive away. Drive an hour, toss some snowballs, take some photos, inner tube down some slopes, build a snowman, then drive home with a small snowman in the back of the truck and pluck it down in the front yard. Then warm up with dinner at the beach and a stroll along the pier.

Last edited:
Dirk Gently on Netflix. An alt reality detective story inspired by Douglas Adams.

Is this the BBC version or the BBC-America/FX version with Elijah Wood? They're both equally good in very different ways. We bought the BBC-America version and just finished it up a few weeks ago.

It's nuts. Like completely bonkers crazy meth induced psychosis nuts.

Netflix features BBC USA with The Hobbit Frodo. Genius. I saw some parts twice

my pic of the day for 7 January:

smallPC070084_v1_.JPG

Gary is out of shape. He just got off the treadmill sweating like a pig. He wanted to hit two miles in 30 minutes ... took him 30 minutes and 40 seconds. Next time.

Guys! Guys! Guys, hosers! Hosers! HOSERS!

It's finally coming to NY and I have tickets and I cannot wait!! :pumpformylove:

Here's the schedule: Kedi

Most reactions

Back