The Coffee House

All of the schools around here are closed tomorrow, but the one I work in is about 30 miles from here and we will be in session albeit with a late start.

I honestly think it has more to do with clean-up on school properties than the roads. While the wind is still whipping here and causing some drifting issues, I feel it's more likely that snow removal overtime is being avoided.

All of the schools around here are closed tomorrow, but the one I work in is about 30 miles from here and we will be in session albeit with a late start.

I honestly think it has more to do with clean-up on school properties than the roads. While the wind is still whipping here and causing some drifting issues, I feel it's more likely that snow removal overtime is being avoided.

That's a good point - the clean-up. They've got a lot of snow to deal with.

Main roads are mostly cleared here but the snow just stopped about 2 hours ago so the side streets are still tough going. School is canceled for tomorrow which was loudly celebrated by my daughter and her BFF who have been checking the school website every 5 minutes since this afternoon. Our city was one of the last in the area to make the call. I think they would have opened if tomorrow was not Friday. The snow here was very light and fluffy - easy enough to push aside but I decided to rev up the snow blower and get it done quickly so I could come back in and make some chocolate chip cookies and play a couple of hands of Exploding Kittens with the girls. Exploding Kittens - A card game for people who are into kittens and explosions and laser beams and sometimes goats

Cold and windy. Had some flurries at work and dusting at home. MLW working normal day plus 3-11 tomorrow, as well as 11-7 tomorrow night. Racking up as much OT as she can for the move.

View attachment 134843

View attachment 134844
iPhone

Worst of it is done here. Hard to tell with the wind and drifting, but probably around 12-15" on the ground. Wet, pasty cement snow.

I haven't been out in it yet but it looks fluffy and drifty here. The car is pretty much snow free but the back deck looks like about 2 ft deep.
The Cook and Gary just came back from a late afternoon walk. The only snow we saw was up in the mountains.
What's that green stuff?
Mother Nature ... a glimpse of a year round outdoor lifestyle.

Well, it was 60 degrees yesterday, today there's a foot of snow on the ground, and my school announced that they will be closed tomorrow as well. I'm not sure why, to be honest. I can only guess it's because there's still some snow and slush on the road and temps will not rise above freezing until Saturday, so they might be worried about icy roads.

Buzz and I are headed into the city tomorrow. Assuming the roads will be good enough to just get to a train station, we should be fine. Going to finally see the Kedi film tomorrow!! We'll come back on Saturday when it will be 40 degrees so I'm not worried about the roads then.

For now, I think I'll have my tea and start getting ready for bed. I'm quite tired for having done nothing all day except for laundry and my nails. ;)
Mary Lou and Gary are planning a run on Sunday to Temecula for our Valentine celebration. Temecula is forecasted to be 70F and sunny. There are no passenger trains to Temecula. Gary thinks Valentine's Day is lame ... but wine makes it much more respectable.

Man, youse people sure go to bed early. Pretty quiet in here. Gary and Mary Lou are sipping another winner from the case of vino Gary received from Naked Wines. A Coloma 2015 "Old Scary" Zinfandel from El Dorado County in California. Very very nice. Very relaxing and delicious, overflowing with flavors.

Many of us have to work
Or don't I've in California
Zzzzzzzzzz

Boy, they sure sleep in late out there in wine country....

Agreed! Must be all the wine and olive oil and good food.

My school ended up canceling today. I did some clean up shoveling this morning, and just came into make myself a warm cup of coffee. The iPhone photos app has gotten much more interesting since the last time I actually looked at it.
IMG_1172.JPG

I think this is a cup made from the Costa Rican beans I had around to try. I can't remember because my macgyvered roasting rig died an early death when I made a tatical error roasting Wednesday. May he Rest In Peace.

Need to shop around for a replacement today.

well they have to stomp on the grapes to make the wine. That takes time in the afternoon/evening. Then they have to drink the wine. Makes for a long night.

Ah what a beautiful day here in hick land. Sun is shining, breeze is calm, it's 42 degrees with a predicted high of 71 degrees.

Agreed! Must be all the wine and olive oil and good food.

My school ended up canceling today. I did some clean up shoveling this morning, and just came into make myself a warm cup of coffee. The iPhone photos app has gotten much more interesting since the last time I actually looked at it. View attachment 134848

I think this is a cup made from the Costa Rican beans I had around to try. I can't remember because my macgyvered roasting rig died an early death when I made a tatical error roasting Wednesday. May he Rest In Peace.

Need to shop around for a replacement today.
Gary need to roast more today, he just scooped out the last of his roasted Chiapas. Gary gave most of his roasted beans away at the Super Bowl party.

Bummer on the tactical error. They used to keep track of my errors ... E-4, all that tracking gave Gary hives. What are your replacement plans? I've had absolutely no problems with my Poppery.

Gotta tell you, Gary pictured you as this multi-purposed utility player, like a D-Back or Shortstop ... but your selfie came up as a linebacker or catcher.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back