The Coffee House

I'll buy a Fuji camera as long as UPS doesn't have to deliver it. I'm calling corporate tomorrow. It doesn't matter because they don't give a crap, but I got the most miserable customer service interaction ever at the pickup location (who still didn't have my packages even though they supposedly couldn't deliver in my city). Maybe it'll make me feel better.

As for as those of you who are giving Frank a hard time about his Intermittent Fasting...this guy does follow it strictly...

maxresdefault.jpg

I do not have these ugly mussles and red underwear....

My body can do what he wants. You can comment what you want. I will do what I want. I want 80 Kilos on the balance. 88.4 down from 93.8 this morning. Another 8 Kilos to go. Three weeks at the current pace.

After that a balanced diet and possible regular bone aware exercise

Last edited:
I do not have these ugly musles and red underwear....

My body can do what he wants. You can comment what you want. I will do what I want. I want 80 Kilos on the balance. 88.4 down from 93.8 this morning. Another 8 Kilos to go. Three weeks at the current pace.

What the heck is a kilo?

Kilogramm. Measuring Mass. Some have lots of these they might measure in pumpkins. We call "pumpkin" = "Zentner" which is 50 Kilos. A "3-Zentner-Mann" means a man with an impressive statue. If it is a large man like 2 Meters high we might specify "Kante" (edge) meaning three Zentners of pure muscle mass not body fat.

Translates to 2.2 pounds. The metric system is so much easier to use, but I don't think we will ever change here.

I do not have these ugly musles and red underwear....

What the heck is a kilo?
What's a balance?

So 80 kilo would be like 12.5 stones.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Mary Lou was very successful with her succulent searches yesterday and spent the afternoon planting and and adjust/moving plants around. The succulents start out tall and green in one corner of the yard and blend into short and mauve/red in the opposite corner. Gary started to rototill the sidewalk parkway in order to complete the transformation from grass to drought tolerant plants, but after one pass which simply churned up some grass, he immediately realized the huge effort and decided to mow and edge instead. Gary gardened in the back, planting a bunch of snow peas, arugula, poppies and mammoth sunflowers. He also surprised Mary Lou by rearranging all the backyard furniture. Mary Lou had him move it back to how it was.

Morning, hosers.

Another day in the salt mines. The girls were very snuggly this morning. It was cold last night. Usually Mrs. Parker is the one who is very insistent that I wake up and give them their breakfast, but this morning, she was still curled up contentedly against me. It was Zelda who started pacing on the pillows and nudging me to wake up. Then she planted herself right next to my head, put her paw on my arm, and stuck her little furry face right up against my nose and purred so loud that I couldn't deny her anymore.

Kitty alarm clocks :586:

Last edited:
LOL ... Cook doesn't bark. She can, but just doesn't in her normal routine. If she wants to play or spots a opossum she'll bark. But otherwise she shakes her tags to communicate. When she greets Gary or Mary Lou she shakes her tags, affirms things she'll shake her tags, wants something she'll shake her tags and looks in the direction of what she wants. Gary's mornings vary from waking at 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. depending on Gary's schedule. On work days, Mary Lou get out of bed at 6:00 a.m. On the weekends we tend to sleep in. If we oversleep, per Cook's timing, she comes in and shake her tags ... then walk away, lol. At 9:00 p.m. or so, she has a last call and we take her to the front for one final look around and some personal hygiene. At nine o'clock she'll find us and shake her tags to get our attention. Her dinner time is 4:00 p.m. She'll find us and just stare. If we're in the kitchen, where her food dish resides, she'll lay on her stomach, pointing to the dish with her legs and turn her head to make eye contact. And she'll purr. When Gary gives her a big rubdown, rubbing her shoulders or belly, she'll make a noisy, heavy breathing noise somewhere between a cat purr and a light snore.

Hanging out with MLW on her 3-11 OT gig; confirmed shooting, victim DOA.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back