The Coffee House

visit Nashville for a while because it looks like such a fun city. We're going to the Opry tomorrow night

Nashville is a great place to visit, lots going on. Personally like the Ryman over the glitz of the Opry. Big mall right there where you'll be (my wife could stay there for days). If you have the time you need to do the downtown at night WITH your camera. There should be a shuttle from where you're at that will take you to the middle of the action.

What????? Your leaving the husband AND the boyfriend?????:biggrinangelA:

and the kid.

Nashville is a great place to visit, lots going on. Personally like the Ryman over the glitz of the Opry. Big mall right there where you'll be (my wife could stay there for days). If you have the time you need to do the downtown at night WITH your camera. There should be a shuttle from where you're at that will take you to the middle of the action.

We're staying right downtown about 2 blocks from the Ryman. It's only a 3 night trip so not sure that we'll have time to go to 2 shows but you never know...

I'd be more worried about leaving the DSLR home....

I won't have a lot of time on my own and I don't want to lug it around but... I always say I'm leaving it home then at the last minute I take it with me and then after lugging it all around I swear I'm leaving it home the next trip... and repeat.

Seeing the Ryman would be cool. I'm not so much into country but like bluegrass. Sounds like fun.

Terry's plans sound pretty good too! I'm apparently going to spend the weekend in and avoid the gray gloom that is the outdoors because I can't breathe thru my nose and may just sit here with a tissue stuffed up there all day.

And thanks Leo for that lively description of haggis since I didn't know what exactly it is and now know better than to ever eat it, look at it, taste it, smell it...

@SquarePeg downtown, the nightclubs, bars, etc. are interesting, as are all the street musicians and the NEON LIGHTS are a photographers dream. Last time we were there I didn't take my camera and regretted it ever since. If you decide you don't want to walk, you could always hop on a "pedal bar", so you could drink, ride and snap away, though pedaling gets old fast. The Ryman has such a "classic and comfortable" feel to it, you'll enjoy it if you get the chance to go.

Happy Friday, hosers!

Time to start thinking about the weekend food and wine festival, aka dining at home and pulling special bottles from the cellar. :icon_cheers:

Woohoo. It's Friday!!! I'm heading to Nashville for a long weekend with some of the girls. We're leaving the hubbies, boyfriends and kiddies at home for this trip. I'm not a huge country music fan but I've been wanting to visit Nashville for a while because it looks like such a fun city. We're going to the Opry tomorrow night and just found out the line-up includes Brad Paisley, Charles Anderson, Charles Esten and Rhonda Bryant. Leaving my dslr and the nasty rainy weather at home!

Have a great weekend Hosers!
Kinky.jpg

and the kid.

We're staying right downtown about 2 blocks from the Ryman. It's only a 3 night trip so not sure that we'll have time to go to 2 shows but you never know...

I won't have a lot of time on my own and I don't want to lug it around but... I always say I'm leaving it home then at the last minute I take it with me and then after lugging it all around I swear I'm leaving it home the next trip... and repeat.
beware+cougars+on+the+prowl.png
:biggrin-new:

SharonCat, you better take that camera... or you'll be in Nashville going, why didn't I bring my camera? lol

There's hockey on all day!! I almost forgot, my head's too clogged to even remember that! Hockey is a small world, one of our former players is doing color for the game, and Team USA's coach is a former assistant coach for a college here.

Happy Friday, hosers!

Time to start thinking about the weekend food and wine festival, aka dining at home and pulling special bottles from the cellar. :icon_cheers:
mmmmhh ... Anything Gary might like ... ?
Gary might want to try this: Danish brewer puts the 'P' in pilsner
Gary is willing to try it ... he's in ... ur-ine?
Are you kidding me? You're asking this of the guy that has eaten damn near anything there is in the world that won't Poison you? Not just yes, but hell yes.

Happy Friday, hosers!

Only if you'd like a penne tomato, basil and spinach dish, topped with chopped walnuts and parmigiano reggiano, washed down with a 2013 Barbera. Small side salad topped with my homemade vinaigrette. You and Mary Lou want to spring for dessert?

Happy Friday, hosers!

Only if you'd like a penne tomato, basil and spinach dish, topped with chopped walnuts and parmigiano reggiano, washed down with a 2013 Barbera. Small side salad topped with my homemade vinaigrette. You and Mary Lou want to spring for dessert?
Well if they don't I would gladly bring a lovely decadent Tiramisu.:1219:

Happy Friday, hosers!

Sure, how about a Mar-a-Lago Chocolate Cake.

Most reactions

Back