The Coffee House

Mountains, hosers.

20170515_153851.jpg

You have a door mate ...? That's pretty good. We only have a doorbell and it only buzzes in the backyard.

Meh. Don't jammin' care about spelling right now

Good ole southern folk don't stink till after 5 days.

Had 21 family members for 5 days over Christmas at our old house one year. 4 bedrooms, plus couches, plus air mattresses everywhere. It was absolute chaos but absolutely the most memorable Christmas in our history. After 5 days, I think every toilet in the house was plugged, and the septic tank overloaded.

Wait, you live in Alabama and have a septic tank??? Shoot you must be one of them uppity southerners, with indoor plumbing, septic tank, and all. Next your gonna tell me you have a water pump right there in the kitchen so you don't have to haul water from the well.

You wouldn't had all them problem if you'd had a two seater at the end of a path don't ya know.

Nice photos. The expression on the cats face reminds me of a kid having to eat broccoli.

Good morning, hosers. Getting measured for my new lenses, this afternoon. I'm going to ask if they are Leica or Nikkor!

Morning all. Recovering from our trip today. Not quite 1600 miles in 4 days, (3 days driving). Hard to believe I could do twice that in 5 at one time. What a difference age makes.

Morning all. Recovering from our trip today. Not quite 1600 miles in 4 days, (3 days driving). Hard to believe I could do twice that in 5 at one time. What a difference age makes.

Yup, welcome to my world, 2x in 5. I do get mentally drained from it, sometimes when I get in off the road, I just stare at the TV for an hour but not really watching it... it's like I have to mentally reboot. Next month will be like that... Kentucky, Indy, OH, Indiana....

@jcdeboever I expected my best drivers to average 3000 miles per week - every week. Some could do it a week or two, but only the best could do it week in and week out. I could do it, but I was thankful I didn't have to because it's tough! As you said it will drain you mentally, especially in a big rig, because the degree of concentration on everything around you goes up, and the mental exhaustion is cumulative. That's the reasoning behind the 36 hr reset for over the road drivers, even that might not be enough, after they changed the rules to not allow drivers to split their daily 10 hr break. It forces drivers to continue to drive when a couple of hours sleep would help, or eat into their daily on duty hrs.

@jcdeboever I expected my best drivers to average 3000 miles per week - every week. Some could do it a week or two, but only the best could do it week in and week out. I could do it, but I was thankful I didn't have to because it's tough! As you said it will drain you mentally, especially in a big rig, because the degree of concentration on everything around you goes up, and the mental exhaustion is cumulative. That's the reasoning behind the 36 hr reset for over the road drivers, even that might not be enough, after they changed the rules to not allow drivers to split their daily 10 hr break. It forces drivers to continue to drive when a couple of hours sleep would help, or eat into their daily on duty hrs.

Yeah I can do that, been doing that most of my salesman life. I only average 1560 miles per week currently but that is all that's required or that makes since from expense to sales ratio. However, I have many weeks where the prospecting takes me in chunks of 3000+ miles per week, like next month. This number doesn't include the spot over the road I do when there are employee challenges. I am currently executing a viable 3rd shift of production. Produced a viable 2nd shift last calendar year. After this year, it's expansion or cruise control. You can only produce so many pieces in a day.

Yeah I can do that, been doing that most of my salesman life

Many years in sales, I sometimes would lay the phone book on the night stand beside the bed, so when I woke up in the morning, I'd know where I was. LOL Having driven the roads in a car, and fill in for sick drivers when needed, I can tell you there is a substantial difference in a 5,000#, 20' long vehicle and a 80,000#, 75' long vehicle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back