The Coffee House

It was maybe 15? minutes or so. Some hills, I forget what they were called. Kept me watching that long anyway. There was a fire, or maybe a burn, then winter, then spring and things were growing... wasn't sure if it was a particular occurrence since there was only music and they did kind of circle around the same hills and trees a bit. It was kind of cool and I couldn't tell if I was looking at dirt or sand or what in low sunlight. But not quite as much adventure as in the episode of Mystery on Masterpiece I'd watched.

I agree about finding humor in your own life. I live in the state that's round on the ends and hi in the middle... nothing to laugh at here! <--- sarcasm
It was probably one of two things, The Flint Hills which is a large swath of rolling pasture land. Not too good for much else. It does contain some of the only public pasture lands in the state. They do controlled burns every year to improve the grazing. Of course the major N/S interstate in the state runs through the Flint Hills.

If it was not that then it would have been what we have gotten from our friends to the south in Oklahoma. Being north of Oklahoma the predominant winds travel of course NORTH in the spring and summer. The last few years we have had some considerable wildfires roll into south central/south west Kansas because the Okies can't put out a damn cigarette. The last one burnt 650,000 acres in Kansas earlier this spring. Fence posts are at a premium in Kansas right now. What we lack for trees and forests we make up for with fences and fence posts. :allteeth:

Buenas Tardes Coffee Hosers. It hit 90F again today. The A/C is on. First day this year for the A/C. Gary is comfy inside with no A/C when it's 90F outside, but Cook is old ... we turned it on to make her comfortable. Gary is excited, this evening is Queen at the Bowl.

Finally got around to sending the first rolls of film in on Saturday. Got the color scans back today (they are so fast).

This is off the roll of Vista 200 that JC sent me to shoot through the accompanying Nikon N75.

I think this is my Sigma 50mm f1.4...but I can't remember.

This is straight from the scan folder with only a crop on my phone.

650864577696262652-6VJ--01.jpg

Moonshine is very trendy right now. I had a really good drink in Nashville that the menu referred to as a Mule Kicker but the bartender called a Moonshine Lemonade. It was delicious and had a definite kick.
If it was served by a bartender, it was NOT moonshine!

nobody around here was making moonshine but it was still a thing in rural areas. But then supposedly it all went downhill, people started putting crap like gasoline and whatnot in it so that pretty much e

I can remember time not so long ago that when you were thirsty you went to a certain hollow tree not far from where I live now, put your money in, came back a few mins later and picked up your shine. Would knock you on your rear, but man was it smooth. When Alabama went wet that pretty much ended moonshine here. By the way I recently found the old still site that used to operate on the back side of my property. Here's a picture of the remains of thumper after the revenuers broke it up.
Whiskey Still-18-Edit.jpg

Great color, good expression, good bokeh ... could be sharper.

Agreed...in the shadows. Probably not enough speed with the shutter.

Another from the same roll...

View attachment 142309
Lovely color in both images. Glad your getting some use out of it. Scanner makes a big difference too. Your probably right, on shutter speed on the child. The second is sharper. However, both images are beautiful and have that lovely film quality. That Agfa Vista is some nice film. I don't mind the Fujifilm Superia for color either.

I prefer to shoot film.

Last edited:
That's what I was going to say, lovely color. You got a couple of keepers. I don't mind the less than perfect focus for the first one, the softness suits the subject and setting and that is just too nice. (I usually keep to a smaller print if I didn't quite nail the focus but like a picture anyway, maybe use a larger mat or double mat - those kind of little tricks.)

I remember a little house/neighborhood bar near a friends' house where you could walk over with a jug/jar, pay them and they'd fill it up for you (beer). (Closest thing we had, not enough out in the country for actual stills.) Somehow I doubt places do that anymore.

I think it was the Flint Hills, definitely rolling. I should look up what that show was. I don't know why it struck me that maybe it was a controlled burn, I guess because it was in a winding line. It all made for some pretty scenic footage.

Fujifilm GX680 III project in planning. What a wonderful system. A good friend sent me this to capitalize on my enthusiasm for Photography. I have the option to purchase since he doesn't gravitate to it's use. I have been studying up on mechanical operation and getting close to burn some art. It is a masterpiece in of itself, almost telling me you can't handle me. Well get ready Betsy, I am going to ride you like Barry White .

IMG_20170627_003310906-01.jpeg

Oh, I golfed well tonight, using only a 7 iron up to the green. I only brought a putter and a 7 iron. I can't hit any of my clubs other than these. Crazy. I birdied a Par 5 too.

Moonshine is very trendy right now. I had a really good drink in Nashville that the menu referred to as a Mule Kicker but the bartender called a Moonshine Lemonade. It was delicious and had a definite kick.
If it was served by a bartender, it was NOT moonshine!
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing. Were talking about Moonshine, not Mooseshine eh. :lol:

nobody around here was making moonshine but it was still a thing in rural areas. But then supposedly it all went downhill, people started putting crap like gasoline and whatnot in it so that pretty much e

I can remember time not so long ago that when you were thirsty you went to a certain hollow tree not far from where I live now, put your money in, came back a few mins later and picked up your shine. Would knock you on your rear, but man was it smooth. When Alabama went wet that pretty much ended moonshine here. By the way I recently found the old still site that used to operate on the back side of my property. Here's a picture of the remains of thumper after the revenuers broke it up.
View attachment 142308
85.gif
85.gif
85.gif

That's what I was going to say, lovely color. You got a couple of keepers. I don't mind the less than perfect focus for the first one, the softness suits the subject and setting and that is just too nice. (I usually keep to a smaller print if I didn't quite nail the focus but like a picture anyway, maybe use a larger mat or double mat - those kind of little tricks.)

I remember a little house/neighborhood bar near a friends' house where you could walk over with a jug/jar, pay them and they'd fill it up for you (beer). (Closest thing we had, not enough out in the country for actual stills.) Somehow I doubt places do that anymore.

I think it was the Flint Hills, definitely rolling. I should look up what that show was. I don't know why it struck me that maybe it was a controlled burn, I guess because it was in a winding line. It all made for some pretty scenic footage.
If you ever mosey this way, not sure why you would want to being a back east gal with all there is there, definitely come in the fall. The Flint Hills are beautiful then.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back