The Coffee House

Getting the hang of it. I think I was remembering things backwards: close all the way down for best results, not the other way around.

20170925_174450.jpg

If I were to shoot a roll or three of slide film, I could drag out the old Daylab - then I'd have some color correction control. I never worry too much about that, anyway, with this newfangled Polaroid/Impossible stuff.

And I believe emulsion lifts are possible :D

:Raises hand meekly: Manipulable?

This is a very old piece, but all I could find quickly on the laptop. A normal shot with slide film (my box cameras, set up on the driveway). Drop slide into Daylab and crop, etc., as desired, then shoot out the Polaroid (SX-70, FKA Time Zero). Manipulate the Polaroid. Scan said Polaroid and print onto any inkjet paper that accepts photo oils. Hand color.

I mean, I did lots of work like this back in the day. Such a little thing, but people loved it. This print alone sold multiple times, and won me prize money at an arts festival.

So: manipulable? ;) Any word? SX-70 was known for the squishy emulsion, the P-films that ended with a "9" were the ones famous for lifts and transfers.

View attachment 147192

To answer your question about the film being manipulable in this way:

tenor.gif

All I know is that I did two emulsion lifts from IP film and they behaved the same way as was described when people were doing the lifts with original Polaroid film. Has to be done under water to place on the new medium, no gel medium needed. It's definitely not the cellophane that the Fuji peel-apart is.

Dave is in the middle of penny roll searching. We can't afford to call someone out for our AC. Ceiling fan can only do so much.

Glamour shot of a CAMCO which is a smidgen smaller than the Cammilus.
20170925_165350.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SMKW is where Dave got this in 2010.
20170925_175602.jpg

Dave has foam backed 3000 sandpaper he strops on.
Most of his blades will do paper slicing excellently.

Ugh. Was up sick all night. Feeling a bit better this morning but shaky and exhausted from lack of sleep and too much time spent driving the porcelain bus. With a 3 day business trip looming followed by a weekend trip to the White Mtns for some leaf peeping, the timing is just terrible. Not that there's ever a good time to be sick but there is definitely a worst time and this is it.
Hoping for the best. Gary read that the Australians have more synonyms for vomiting than any other culture. He fondly remembers "Talkin' to the toilet" ... "Taking the bus home" ... "Technicolour yawn" ...

Ugh. Was up sick all night. Feeling a bit better this morning but shaky and exhausted from lack of sleep and too much time spent driving the porcelain bus. With a 3 day business trip looming followed by a weekend trip to the White Mtns for some leaf peeping, the timing is just terrible. Not that there's ever a good time to be sick but there is definitely a worst time and this is it.
Ugh - I'm sorry, honey. :icon_hug: If you're pretty sure you're done yakking, it's time to think about hydration - part of the weakness is having lost so many fluids. Ginger ale, or simple carbonated water can be easy to start with. Drink a little, wait a while to be sure it's settled, then a little more. Don't even think about trying to do anything today other than caring for SharonCat! Once you can hold some fluids, switch to clear broth, jello, etc., then the dry toast/crackers thing. Hopefully you'll feel like you have a small amount of energy back by this evening but, more than likely, after what you just described, the day is shot. Don't fight it, like I'm betting you think you should. ;) Just give in and relax as best you can.
What-the-hell ... if you gotta take a sick day ... just go for it ... ferris bueller's day off ...

Dave has foam backed 3000 sandpaper he strops on.
Most of his blades will do paper slicing excellentl

One of my other hobbies is wood carving and turning. I use a combination of things from a wet grinder to set a precision bevel, followed by honing on steps up 1000 grit wet/dry paper. I then finish off on a leather wheel with jewelers rouge. Faster than honing by hand.

Each knife has a story.

Gary would enjoy the kitchen section. Large assortment of type of kitchen utensil you could possibly want. Need a sword??? Need an axe? Cutting edges of every size, shape, brand and price. 2 story building, plan on 2 or 3 hours to go through it. They even have a custom fabrication shop outside the store.

Last trip there I picked up a set of three "Pig tails". Can't remember if this is the brand but it's similar Original PigTail, 12'' For grilling steaks, pork steaks and chops, they can't be beat for ease of use.

Each knife has a story.

Gary would enjoy the kitchen section. Large assortment of type of kitchen utensil you could possibly want. Need a sword??? Need an axe? Cutting edges of every size, shape, brand and price. 2 story building, plan on 2 or 3 hours to go through it. They even have a custom fabrication shop outside the store.
Gary just happens to be in the market for a sword.

Most reactions

Back