The Coffee House

@jcdeboever I solved my insomnia, I retired. LOL In lieu of that though have you ever had a sleep study? While I was working I was on the go so much that I never had time, and was burning the candle at both ends anyhow. After retirement my doctor suggested one, turns out I actually had a pretty severe sleep apnea problem. I went on a CPAP, and the difference is night and day.

Yup, I was kicked out of the Marines for cronic fatigue syndrome, that was before they knew what sleep apnea was. I have been on a machine for years, can't sleep without it. My wife calls it Darth. I am on a Bi-Pap now, graduated from the C-Pap. I average 2 hours of REM sleep a night, which makes all the difference in the world. My buddy had the most recent type of surgery for his. Basically, they remove the bottom part of your face and reconstruct the obstruction. It was a fierce surgery and he encountered a slow, painful, recovery. Three years removed or there about, he is right back where he started. His recovery was so brutal, I passed. Glad I did, he is no better for it and has encountered sinus, drainage issues that need to be addressed over several procedures. This surgeon was highly acclaimed but the truth is in the result I guess, or at least for my bud. There is nothing more that the doctor can do for me, so this last check up, he thought this may help the other stages of sleep. I refuse to take perscribed medications for sleep, they just mess with my driving ability the next day. So I went natural for a few days and it doesn't do anything for me. I'm fine, just need to excercise more and should get better.

Recently, Gary had his old road bike from the 1970's restored. Gary rolled out his bike and the guest was amazed. Gary and guest will start biking together.

Janet and I bought two rather expensive fold up bikes and bags, for the RV about 3 years ago. So far I think they "might" have been used twice, but at least we have them there in the basement storage of the RV for whenever the urge hits. LOL

I refuse to take perscribed medications for sleep, they just mess with my driving ability the next day. So I went natural for a few days and it doesn't do anything for me. I'm fine, just need to excercise more and should get better.

A sleep doctor I went to prescribed Ambien, bad mistake that stuff screwed me up royally. Not only is it addictive but it takes more and more to get results. Then it messes with you the next day, and totally destroys your short term memory. By the time I realized what it was doing to me, it took several hard months to get over it, sometimes going without sleep for days.

Good afternoon; I hope everyone had a wonderful night. MLW turned in about 9:00, I went at 9:30; we're not party types.

I've prepped the corn, red pepper, and zucchini for roasting, and the shrimp is shelled and cleaned; I still have to cube the ham and prep the jambalaya veggies.

Went to see The Last Jedi while Sears took care of new tires, alignment and oil change. Not that far of a walk to the theater but pretty cold with a enough of a head wind to tell. The movie was over after Sears closed but they said it was fine to pick up paperwork and key today. When we got back and started home, noticed the TPMS light was on. No real biggie as it has to be reset in some cars after tire rotations; I figured they didn't get them all back on the same spot. I'll take of it today, when I go back for the other key.

It turns out they broke one of the sensors and couldn't get their generic model to work; apparently not uncommon in Toyotas. They ordered one from a place a few minutes away and got everything back within about 30 minutes. I need gloves. I have a heavy pair, somewhere, but I need to find some that still provide me a bit of dexterity. I went to four stores and, though I found a couple that I like, they are all small/medium, and I am not. I have a surgery followup appointment tomorrow, and there's a mall net to the hospital, so I'll look there.

They were open on New Year's Day? that's just so not right! lol

I stayed up too late. No amount of coffee would have been enough this morning. Watching the NHL Winter Classic, they're skating in half shade and half sun and frigid cold. I don't mind watching somebody else out in it if I'm in the comfort of home.

At home the sun was shining bright.
And the porch thermometer said 39.
For 58 year old Dave and this part of Texas it's too cold.

And there are only 51 more Mondays to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Recently, Gary had his old road bike from the 1970's restored. Gary rolled out his bike and the guest was amazed. Gary and guest will start biking together.

Janet and I bought two rather expensive fold up bikes and bags, for the RV about 3 years ago. So far I think they "might" have been used twice, but at least we have them there in the basement storage of the RV for whenever the urge hits. LOL
Better to have and not want ... Mary Lou and Gary have Electra Townie bikes. Marry Lou isn’t a confident rider and the Electra allows her to flatfootedly plant her foot at stops without getting off the seat. Gary has always wanted a foldable bike. He doesn’t know why, but the idea of a foldable bike is cool. Gary saw an electric foldable bike the other day.

Good afternoon; I hope everyone had a wonderful night. MLW turned in about 9:00, I went at 9:30; we're not party types.

I've prepped the corn, red pepper, and zucchini for roasting, and the shrimp is shelled and cleaned; I still have to cube the ham and prep the jambalaya veggies.

Went to see The Last Jedi while Sears took care of new tires, alignment and oil change. Not that far of a walk to the theater but pretty cold with a enough of a head wind to tell. The movie was over after Sears closed but they said it was fine to pick up paperwork and key today. When we got back and started home, noticed the TPMS light was on. No real biggie as it has to be reset in some cars after tire rotations; I figured they didn't get them all back on the same spot. I'll take of it today, when I go back for the other key.

It turns out they broke one of the sensors and couldn't get their generic model to work; apparently not uncommon in Toyotas. They ordered one from a place a few minutes away and got everything back within about 30 minutes. I need gloves. I have a heavy pair, somewhere, but I need to find some that still provide me a bit of dexterity. I went to four stores and, though I found a couple that I like, they are all small/medium, and I am not. I have a surgery followup appointment tomorrow, and there's a mall net to the hospital, so I'll look there.
I have ‘Head’ gloves. They are great for photography being thin and flexible but still provide good warmth.

That is a beauty, that just might give @astroNikon a Woody....lol
The bike store where Gary’s bike was restored, just cleaned it up after decades of being parked, adjusted the components and toss on some new tires. The employees and owner felt that I should just put the bike on display and not ride it. When I took it in, the bike employees and owner went nuts crawling under and over the bike checking out serial numbers and questioning Gary on the components. When Gary picked the bike up, there were some Campagnolo sales guys in the shop. They went nuts over the bike, as it is all Campi, and give Gary tee-shirts, water bottles and free stuff. Gary thinks you’re right about Astro.

Last edited:
They were open on New Year's Day? that's just so not right! lol
Oh yes - Sears, Penneys, Kohls, and Old Navy. There are some decent sales, but that does me no good if they don't fit!
The young lady at the Sears Auto place was in pretty bad shape - head down on the counter! Hopefully they won't be too busy.

I refuse to take perscribed medications for sleep, they just mess with my driving ability the next day. So I went natural for a few days and it doesn't do anything for me. I'm fine, just need to excercise more and should get better.

A sleep doctor I went to prescribed Ambien, bad mistake that stuff screwed me up royally. Not only is it addictive but it takes more and more to get results. Then it messes with you the next day, and totally destroys your short term memory. By the time I realized what it was doing to me, it took several hard months to get over it, sometimes going without sleep for days.

That stuff cost a good friend her job. It builds up in your system and she didn’t realize... Her boss thought she was drunk and fired her.

My TPMS system has been funky ever since I got new tires. The mechanic who did the tires said there must be a battery that died- coincidentally right when he changed the tires??? Yeah no. I need to take it to a dealer or one of the local tire specialty places to get that fixed. As it stands now I just ignore it when the lightcomes on

That is a beauty, that just might give @astroNikon a Woody....lol
The bike store where Gary’s bike was restored, just cleaned it up after decades of being parked, adjusted the components and toss on some new tires. The employees and owner felt that I should just put the bike on display and not ride it. When I took it it, the bike employees and owner went nuts crawling under and over the bike checking out serial number and questioning Gary on the components. When Gary picked the bike up, there were some Campagnolo sales guys in the shop. They went nuts over the bike, as it is all Campi, and give Gary tee-shirts, water bottles and free stuff. Gary thinks you’re right about Astro.

That is a Leica without a meter in the Bike World.

That stuff cost a good friend her job. It builds up in your system and she didn’t realize... Her boss thought she was drunk and fired her.

Yup my ex got on it a few years ago, and because it tends to take more and more to get the same effect, she went doctor shopping for more prescriptions. They finally found out what she was doing when she got up in the middle of the night drove to a quick shop to get some snacks. Unfortunately in her drugged state she removed her pajamas and missed the part about putting on the clothes. Created quite a stir in the town they lived. Thankfully that town is very far away from me :biggrin-93::biggrin-93::biggrin-93:

Yes apparently driving around in a daze is a very common side effect. To me that says this should not be prescribed any more for anyone.

Most reactions

Back